Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
martn123

thinkpad e420 wont start

hello. i have problem with my laptop and i dont know what is happening.. i shutdown after using it and in the morning .. the laptop wont turn on .. so ive search about how i can fix the problem.. i tried holding the power button for 30 secs and these wont work to me ..so i unplug the battery and the adapter overnight.. In the morning i tried to switch it on my laptop goes back to normal but then after shutting down the laptop wont start again :smileysad:

please help i dont know whats goin on with the laptop
Punch Card
mtemp

Re: thinkpad e420 wont start

Look at the issues on this forum related to motherboard problems.  There is a design defect in Edges that cause the motherboards to fail.  The only solution is a replacement, which is easy enough if you are still under warranty.  If your warranty is expired, I'd suggest you call Lenovo support and talk to a supervisor.  Since this problem is so pervasive, they should fix it even if out of warranty.

What's DOS?
martn123

So this is a common problem with edges . the laptop is still under warranty but it was bought in canada
and im here in philippines can i still use my warranty service here? or any partner service?
What's DOS?
zinger3max

[ Edited ]

Same here, with an e520. laptop not starting with a battery or when plugged to AC. (no green light power indicator either).  the machine was bought one month ago.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

it is best that you people give warranty department a call.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft