Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: thinkpad edge 15 keyboard problem

@Edam,

Try using the EDGE keyboard first, then when it happens, plug in the external keyboard and test. If on external is ok, then on EDGE is not then contact service to get the hardware checked.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Blue Screen Again
Edam

Yup, done that, appears to be the EDGE keyboard.

But I'm worried - what if the replacement EDGE has the same problem? It appears to be a problem that's replicated exactly amongst several users so it's obviously an inherent problem in the EDGE 15 that can occur at any time.

It's certainly not a one off fault, it's beyond a co-incidence that many users experience exactly the same problem with exactly the same keys.

I'm kinda stuffed if the replacement Edge 15 has the same problem. Would Lenovo provide a like-for-like laptop that's not an EDGE 15?

Retired Employee
JameZ

@Edam,

Replacement / refund are decided by the customer relations team. However they would normally suggest customer to get the laptop checked by the service first.

//JameZ

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Paper Tape
Jayd3n

Just want to add myself to the list of people experiencing this issue. Key presses intermittently causing the wrong result. Also, all keys do this at the same time when it occurs. It's not working normally -> 'E' key malfunctions -> working normally -> a different key malfunctions, but rather working normally -> all keys listed earlier malfunction -> working normally.

Considering sending it back for repair/replacement but I would prefer to find out if there is a fix out/coming and also if this affects all 15" edge laptops or just a a select few that were in a bad batch or something.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@Jayd3n,

Do send it back for repair/replacement. As for the question if this affects all EDGE 15 laptops then I would say no as it is not in the issue list.

//JameZ

Paper Tape
amchiu

I also want to "add myself to the list of people experiencing this issue".

Out of curiosity, how many people must report this problem, and in what format (forum or service call) until it is on the issue list?
Paper Tape
billsarg

Precisely the same problem with my Lenovo Edge purchased this year, same keystrokes giving the same spurious output.  Started occurring a couple of weeks back.  Problem is intermittent but there more often than not.  I was planning to have the keyboard checked / replaced under warranty, but now I can see it's a widespread problem am keen to see if there's a quicker fix.

What's DOS?
lpo2

just another user with the same problem persisting for over a week now.  as I am at school and can't really send my laptop in for repairs, wondering if an easier fix has been found?

Guru
ColonelONeill

Ask for a new keyboard?
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
What's DOS?
discocop

got the same problem!!