Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Orsin

Re: thinkpad edge 15 keyboard problem

Same problem here in Israel. Lack of a solution is shameful and has caused me to strongly advise colleagues from purchasing this otherwise good laptop.

Advice: I've been able to somehow get by when the problem pops up by hitting keys in quick succession . E.g. "e" alone exhibits the problem but "er" in quick succession doesn't. This does not make the problem stop, so hitting "e" singularly afterwards will again exhibit the problem.

Thinkpad Edge 15

Product 0301J4G

Bios 80ET49WW 1.26

Win7Pro64

What's DOS?
ryanwharton1

i have the same problem in guyana, do not wan't my computer to be repaired lenovo i want a different laptop and i want one that i can be assured that this wont happed again,so call your people at starr guyana and tell them to replace my laptop when i take it in today for the second time,thank you

What's DOS?
southerngeo

Same problem with the keyboard for a  laptop purchased in UK in August 2010, so yes it's still under warranty (just), but being self employed I can't drop it off and do without one while it receives what appears to be a temporary fix with a replacement keyboard. So the only long term option will be to use a separate keyboard.

The fact that many users form around the world have highlighted this problem on this and other fora, and yet there has been no product recall is disgusting.

This will be the first and last Lenovo machine I buy, and I will never recommend them to anyone.

What's DOS?
abbersram

Hi, I've joined this forum specifically to say that I havp the EXACT same problem on a Lenovo thinkpad Edge 15" bought in January 2011.

Anybody found a solution yet?  I'vp scanne#; my systpm spvpral timps an#; foun#; nothing.  I've also usp#; Lpnovo Systpm Up#;atp to up#;ate pverything, but still no success.  As you an probably spp, I'm tirp#; of orrpting pvprything I typp.

Blue Screen Again
jayakumar

Hi All, First of all big thanks to everyone for this thread. I live in UK & purchased Edge15 in UK. I too struggling with the same problem for last 8 months (Last December 2010 onwards). But did not know what to do and was keep searching for the fix. I have sent my machine back for repair to Lenovo repair centre for 2 times. First time (January 2011) they changed the keyboard and reloaded the factory installed software using recovery disk. After approximately 2 months had the same issue and approached Lenova. That time they changed the main board (mother board), keyboard and updated the BIOS. These are details I could read from their repair documents. Again I too have the same problem. My wife is self employed and totally depending this computer. In addition we both are using the machine for studies. Last time Lenova customer service mentioned that, if the problem persists and not repairable they will either replace or return the money. But I am not sure they will keep-up the word or not. Now it appears to me that, it is a genuine Lenovo Edge 15 problem.....and I am not the one unique person experiencing the problem. Can Lenovo return my money back, as I do not want to continue the same situation? I have spent plenty of time & money on this issue.
Blue Screen Again
jayakumar

My laptop details:
Lenovo Edge15,
Type: 0302
Model: 2PG
Windows 6 Home 64
Paper Tape
billsarg

I have had my keyboard replaced, and the problem has gone away - for now.  I must say I was extremely impressed with the service experience here (I'm in Australia).  I just hope this keyboard holds up.

What's DOS?
mblunt

[ Edited ]

I am having the same intermittent problem with one of my Edge 15 laptops.  I purchased two of them, but only one of them is experiencing the problem so far.  Just my luck it's the one I use.

I did upgrade the memory on this unit.  I doubt all the others experiencing this issue has done the same though.  Since it is intermittent, I'm inclined to believe it's a software/driver issue.  I know the problem occurs intermittently and goes away on its own.  If it's hardware, the problem should be persistent.

I'm running Windows 7, is everyone else?

What's DOS?
jonincanada

I've got a similar keyboard problem.  Bought my edge 15 in Jan 2011.  Amazing machine.  Until today.

Even without touching the laptop I'm seeing the following keys/actions being pushed:

alt key pushed on and off

Volume up/down

Volume mute

Mic on/off

(maybe even camera on/off).

Happening intermittently.  Lenovo has acknowledge this similar issue on T410 keyboards: "we've seen a limited number that were attributed to the cable interacting with the rollcage - there may be a burr on the magnessium part that is cutting into the cable"... taping the bottom area of keyboard & cable or pressing "1cm left 2 cm up from fingerprint scanner" may temporarily resolve problem.

product ID: 0301CTO

What's DOS?
ahsankl

I have the very same problem. Sent it for repairs once, which fixed the problem temporarily but it's back again. Very inconvenient.