Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
kamranmir99

Re: thinkpad edge 15 keyboard problem

Hello guys! Is this issue resolved or not.. m also having same problem... normally keys are working fine.. but suddenly it start working abnormal... and shows different letters and characters/symbols..... very strange issue. please resolve ASAP

Paper Tape
JWJW

Hello All,

I am having the exact same issues with the keys (3, e, d, c, etc...) It is extremely disruptive. I use my computer for graduate school and work, and this problem is killing my productivity!! I have only had my computer for about 6 months, and the problem has been occuring for the last 2 weeks.

I just called Lenovo support, and made sure to reference this thread so she knew my issue is not an isolated incident. The woman suggested I send my laptop in so they can replace the keyboard. I told her that I was not confident that changing the keyboard would be a permanent fix, due to the other posts on this thread. She said that they have not been briefed on the issue, and the keyboard replacement is the best she can do at this time. She stated that she was going to look into the issue further and speak to her supervisor, and that I could check back on this thread for more information if they figure something out. I was not in any way satisfied with that response.

Lenovo, your loyal customers expect more from you!! Personally, I am losing faith in the brand, and I will have to resort to buying a competitor's product soon if there is not a definite response and resolution to this widespread defect.

Please message the thread if anyone is successful in getting a meaningful response from Lenovo.

Thank you.

Punch Card
Newman1

Well I arrived back from my holiday and still no response at all from Lenovo support or the complaint team - so I called them up again.

I was told an email had been sent to me on the 31st Aug from the complaint team but it never arrived so I asked to be put through to the complaint team only to be told it is not possible to speak with them directly!!!

After a very lengthy wait the person I was speaking to came back and said that they would send the email again!!

Well it still hasnt arrived this morning despite giving an alternative email as a back up.

This is completely diabolical service and it seems that Lenovo have no care whatsoever for their customers when problems arise.

Blue Screen Again
Edam

[ Edited ]

Newman - did you buy the laptop direct from Lenovo or from a separate retailer? Sale of Goods act applies to contracts between you and the person you bought the laptop from, regardless of who the manufacturer is.

I had this problem back in March, posted here too. I bought my laptop from Insight UK and they were sticking their fingers in their ears re: Sale of Goods act. I couldnt be bothered with the hassle so went straight to Lenovo who took my laptop and replaced the keyboard all within 3 days.

It worked perfectly after that.

HOWEVER. Symptoms have started coming back again. Every now and again those same few keys start #;oing exactly the same thing again.

Gonna talk to Insight and really push Sale of Goods.

Moderator Note: Part(s) of the post that didn't conform to lenovo community's participation rules has been removed. Kindly adhere to community rules.

Punch Card
Newman1

well surprise surprise no eqmail has arrived from the complaints dept.

Apologips in a#;vanc~><MVp but this is now beyond# a jokp with this keyboar#; problpm still thprp

I just called the Lenovo direct numbpr which for thoseq of you who dont have it it is 01475 555055 option 2 thpn option 1

I spoke with the lovrely A#;a who apologisewq#; profusply an#; sai#; she woul#; talk with hpr managpr whpn hp is in from    lun(h

I have bppn ill in be#; all wppk an#; this is not hplping.

What a jokp!!!!

JaneL

[ Edited ]

Please review the forum rules at http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs/Lenovo-Community-Participation-Rules/m-p/1/message-uid/1#U1 paying particular attention to this part:

No vendetta posts, or online campaigning. It is acceptable to state concern for how a particular Lenovo policy, performance, or procedure does or does not meet the expectation of a particular member, but it is not acceptable to use this forum in an attempt to broadly organize or incite members en mass, to cancel orders, return systems, undertake legal action or otherwise disrupt the normal business processes of Lenovo.

Blue Screen Again
jayakumar

As I can see some of my earlier posts are removed. It is clear that none of us getting proper support from Lenovo. In addition, it is clearly a computer desing problem, which Lenovo is refusing to accept it.. Moderators, please let us know, is this concerns are reaching the higher managers for a resolution? Absolutely we are not getting any support for a resolution.
Retired Employee
JameZ

[ Edited ]

Do check back previous post where abbersram and billsarg had their keyboard replaced and its fine now. Do contact service and get the laptop checked.

So the resolution now here is get it to service. If they reject the service, do drop me a note.

EDIT - Some customers have also noted that the keyboard connector might not be making a good / consistent connection.  Some might find oxidation build up - try cleaning and re-seating the connection prior to replacing the keyboard.  See messages later in the thread.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Edge/thinkpad-edge-15-keyboard-problem/m-p/595083#M6284

EDIT 3-13-12   There may be multiple issues here with either the keyboard having failed, the connection to the system board becoming loose or mis/aligned, or the keyboard cable having been pinched and damaged.   If you are experiencing symptoms discussed in this thread and have eliminated software issues, then please contact service. If needed, please refer service to:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT072715

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Blue Screen Again
jayakumar

I am having this problem from Last year (2010) December onwards. I have sent my laptop to service centre two times already. Till now the service centre replaced the keyboard then mother board then changed the BIOS setting etc. Every time they loaded the factory default Operating systems & settings. After every service the same keyboard problem is coming back after 45 to 60 days. So it is clear that these replacements are not fixing the problem. Till now I took 4 days OFF from my works on this issue for sending the PC for repair & receiving it back. In addition, I have spent plenty of time to inform my problem to Lenovo. I suggest Lenovo to return my money and can do lot of experiments on my PC for a proper solution.
GBG
Paper Tape
GBG

Hi there,

GBG from Toronto

I'm having the same intermittent keyboard problems as many of you are. I purchased a Thinkpad Edge earlier this spring and the problem has been around for about 3 weeks now. The letters 'd" 'c' and most of the function keys have the problems. I can't login at times as a result.  It seems as though the Thinkpad Edge is not the only model with this problem. I noticed some other threads with the 550 model. I bought an IBM thinkpad 11 years ago and the thing still works like a gem. Unfortunately it was time to upgrade due to software issues. My wife bought the Lenovo thinkpad version 5 years and the thing still works great. Thus, I purchased yet another one this year because I had nothing but positive experiences. I'm very concerned about this keyboard issue on the Edge and I'm hoping the folks at Lenovo come up with a fair solution. At this point it seems pointless to send it in for service as the problems seems to re-appear. Perhaps there was a corner cut or some serious oversight during the manufacturing process related to the keyboard. I've always been a Lenovo supporter but if this problem is not resolved fairly (i.e. repair problem at no cost to customer if still under warranty (including postage)) I have no problem trying a competitors machine next time around. I will be following this thread closely and thanks to all of you who spent time posting your keyboard issues.