Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
mojo

Re: [App] Quill - handwritten notes (v3)

Great App Volker!!!! The development speed is impressive keep up the great work
Fanfold Paper
mtpt

Thanks heaps for this great application. I had a similar idea to write one but there's no point now, yours is better than mine would have ever been.

I have a feature in mind that I believe would be useful to include: an option to switch between a fixed size page (the current model) and an infinite length page that you can scroll down with a button. The effect of pressing the button would be that the written page jumps up half a screen (or whatever length is appropriate) and adds a similar length of empty "paper" at the bottom of the screen.

The advantage of this "unlimited scrolling" paper mode is that you don't have to write at the bottom of the page where your hand goes past the bottom of the tablet and gets in an uncomfortable position.

802.11n
wolfindersteppe

Volker, great work, just deinstalled the free version and reinstalled the paid one, paying not only money but respect too. BTW, had to reboot my TPT in order to get the legal ruled / quad paper displayed.
ThinkPad W520, i7-2820 CPU, 32GB RAM, NVidia Quadro 2000M 2GB GPU , mSATA Samsung Evo 840 1TB + 2x Samsung SSD EVO 840 1TB & Lenovo Helix i7 8GB RAM & ThinkPad W540, i7-4800MQ, 32 GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K1100M, OS on M.2 2242 Transcend MTS400 256GB + 2x Samsung SSD EVO 840 1TB
802.11n
Volker1

One request: If you like (or dislike ;-)  Quill can you also rate it in the Android market or maybe repost your comment here as a user review? Then we don't have to stay the Lenovo forum's best-kept secret :smileywink:

mtpt wrote:

The advantage of this "unlimited scrolling" paper mode is that you don't have to write at the bottom of the page where your hand goes past the bottom of the tablet and gets in an uncomfortable position.

I've thought about the "infinite paper roll" mode but it would be hard to break up for printing/exporting and tagging.

Understandably, you don't like writing on the bottom corner of your TPT. Just double-tap near the bottom to zoom in (with the newest version) or use the "move" mode to place the bottom of the virtual paper where you want it on the screen.

Punch Card
egosef

Ok, with the last update i can uninstall Writepad Stylus. Your app is now much better then it :smileyhappy:) Really nice job. Even if you will charge it for 10$ i will still buy it. Wanna support your motivation!

Few ideas for the next update:

1. Fullscreen, or something for disable missclicking on the notification bar. I tried ADW launcher, but hiding doesnt work on TPT.

2. Few quick customisable slots for pen. For example: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow,.... with definable pen(pencil) thick. You could add it on the top bar next to other icons.

3. With last update, double click function for zoom-unzoom is great, but what about for example 2 fingers scroll down or up on the page? Doesnt mean free move but only up or down with scale from double click.

Again, really thanks for amazing app!

See you space cowboy...
FDP
Token Ring
FDP

Same here, would have paid more though! Great work, seriously improves the utility of my TPT. Lenovo should buy a copy for every new tablet. So much more useful than the garbage they bundled!
Fanfold Paper
stuartv

Final update from me. I returned the Galaxy Tab and got an Asus Transformer to try. Quill works just fine on the Transformer. Well, except that without palm rejection logic, it wasn't really usable for taking handwritten notes.

The best I've tried so far is the HTC Jetstream notes app. And the second best is Notes Plus for the iPad. I also bought an iPad 2 last week and paid the $5 for Notes Plus to try it and it works pretty darn well. It's a different paradigm than Quill, though. To make Notes Plus work for handwriting, you can open an input panel that is at the bottom of the page. You write in there and it appears up higher on the page. It's kind of hard to explain all the details so that you can understand how well it actually works. And since this is a TPT forum, you all probably don't really care anyway.... :-)

Oh, except to say that Writepad Stylus for Android works in a very similar fashion to Notes Plus for the iPad. For any Android tablet without a digitizer stylus, I would say it is probably THE app to try for handwritten note-taking.
Punch Card
Techkidd4400

It would be great if someone would identify why they prefer Quill over Writepad. These seem to be recognized as the 2 best handwritten notetaking apps, but I am not sure why one is better than the other.
Fanfold Paper
stuartv

I think mainly it's that Writepad Stylus has a better feature set, but DID not have enhanced support for the digitizer stylus. So, it had problems with palm rejection. But, it has recently been enhanced so that, if you have a digitizer stylus (i.e. TPT or HTC Jetstream or HTC Flyer), so you can turn off the capacitive input, so it only accepts input from the stylus - so no palm issues.

Quill is a brand new app and does not have all the features of Writepad Stylus, but it was built from the beginning to work with the digitizer stylus.

I wish I had a tablet with a digitizer, but the Jetstream is too expensive and I can't try a TPT without buying first (and paying  a restocking fee if I don't like it). So, in lieu of that, I, too, would love to see a review from somebody with a TPT or Jetstream of the latest version of Writepad Stylus. It may be that the only thing Quill has an advantage on is using vector-based graphics instead of rasterized.

HDMI
eKeith

Nice work! Purchased to support your development...