Re: Unresponsive Pen?

All the best with finals.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
802.11n
splotz

annoying, so annoying the problem with the pen...
____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Punch Card
joehare

I see the same problems with the sometimes unresponsive stylus.

2 mains symptoms:

1) Sometimes dead areas appear. THese seem to be 2 veritcal lines on the left and right side of the screen. THey're about 0.5cm wide. Deleting the entire word being written there and starting again seems to fix issues writing there

2) Sometimes the stylus stops writing completely. Waiting 20 seconds or removing the battery seems to very temporarily let you start writing again. Rebooting is the only way to actually resolve that occurance of the issue.

RIght now I'm rebooting about twice per 3 hours lecture which means I end up with pages of notes written on paper to fill in the gaps. Which is exactly what I'd hoped to stop by buying the TPT.

Fanfold Paper
Buttons

I fixed it quick by removing and replacing the same pen battery.  I did not have to reboot.

Punch Card
joehare

Stylus stops responding

I have a strange issue where the stylus will intermittently stop working. I originally thought that this was just a problem with Quill so I swtiched to lecture notes but the problem followed me there.

It will be writing fine then suddenly the stylus stops being registered. Sometimes waiting 20 seconds and trying again helps but the problem always occurs again a few minutes later.

The only fix I have is to reboot the tablet.

Anyone else seeing this? Is this just my Tablet? THe only reason i bought the TPT is so I can take notes in class and at work. I keep running into this problem and have started taking notes on plain old paper again.

jiv
802.11n
jiv

Re: Stylus stops responding

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Unresponsive-Pen/td-p/562605

Try taking out the pen battery and reinserting it.

Punch Card
joehare

Re: Stylus stops responding

I've tried that too. Unfortunately it only solves the issue for a minute or so before it reoccurs. A reboot is the only way to fix it (until next time it happens)

I usually end up having to reboot twice in a 3 hour lecture which means I end up missing quite a few notes in class.

802.11n
splotz

[ Edited ]

balancing wrote:

I make no money from expressing my extreme satisfaction with Writepad Stylus, but maybe you do promoting Quill?

(and if it is a hardware problem, I must be lucky, because I have 2 TPT's with Writepad Stylus, and I don't experience any of those problems with either one! Oh, Lenovo must be paying me to say that too!!! :smileyvery-happy: )

I experienced different results. I think i told you before, what quill is doing is the same.

If you have no problem wiith you prg, quill will also run for you.

And you dont have to go to android market to give them around 60% or something like that of the money you pay.

edit: google allows the app developer to keep 70% of the profit made with his app...

http://signalnews.com/how-does-android-make-money
____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Fanfold Paper
Buttons

now I am expriecing much worse peoblems that removing and replacing the battery does not help.

Fanfold Paper
Buttons

Lenovo sent me a new pen under warranty and this has resolved the issue.  I never abused the first one.  The worst that ever happened to it was a fall from a desk onto a carpeted floor.  I hope this one has greater endurance.