Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
gunasegeran

18382EM Wifi Problem

Hi,

I seem to have a problem with wifi connection. When I enable the wifi setting, it show available wifi network and connects. This stops when I insert the 3G sim card, all wifi available networks become 'Not in range'.

I tried to reset factory setting and all works as it should but once the 3G sim is inserted, its all back to square one.

Has anyone experience this issues.

Model : 18382EM with 32GB

Andriod Version : 3.1

Buld Number : ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0089_ROW

HELP.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: 18382EM Wifi Problem

Hello gunasegeran and welcome to community,

Make sure the device is running on latest system update.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

802.11n
is1981

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Hello sobrado

System update has resolved the wireless and GPS issue several times. However, it was missed by me the OTA version this time.

I am accepting your feedback and will be more careful next time.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

802.11n
is1981

Sadly this one is not a GPS problem, but a WWAN problem. Not all users have this problem, but the ones that have it seem unable to solve it by upgrading the operating system. Only a reset to defaults seems to work for them. I would say that either they have a hardware issue or the SIM card provided by their carriers is trying to enable a service that is not working fine on their slates' hardware/software (a Gobi 3000 card? an Ericsson one?).

As a reset to defaults usually fix the problem I would say it is a software issue, not a hardware one, so perhaps waiting for ICS will be a good idea. He can try another SIM card to see what happens. Posts on this forum show that this problem cannot be fixed without wiping the slate but these messages lack a lot of important information: what WWAN hardware are they running?  Is it a Gobi 3000? An Ericsson F5521gw perhaps?  What WAN service are they using?  Is it 3G?  GPRS?  Another one?  It seems that some SIM/WWAN card combinations may be eliciting this problem. But it is just a guess.

SCSI Port
sabeerkurikkal

I am also facing the same problem with my 3G and wifi.

My tablet is 183947G Running Android 3.1 with kernel 2.6.36.3

Lenovo plzzz do something