Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
TiberiusTribun
Accepted Solution

3G PIN request bug annoying as hell

I've read some older posts about this issue and didn't really found anything about Lenovo working on this. 

The problem is that the TPT is randomly requesting the sim card pin EVEN WHEN 3G IS TURNED OFF!!!

This is particularly annoying when your TPT is hooked up to a projector because you are , lets say giving a lecture or showing a movie.

Also the hdmi port remains switched on so either you pull the cable everytime or everyone who is watching will know your sim card PIN and also you screen lock pattern. NOT COOL! Lenovo markets the TPT as the tablet for the professional but then the pin request pops up and the professional looks like an idiot in front of a crowd.

This really prevents me from using the TPT for what I bought it for. I imagine the same is true for other owners so this needs to be prioritized and fixed urgently!

Lenovo Staff
bsnf

Re: 3G PIN request bug annoying as hell

TiberiusTribun wrote:

I've read some older posts about this issue and didn't really found anything about Lenovo working on this. 

The problem is that the TPT is randomly requesting the sim card pin EVEN WHEN 3G IS TURNED OFF!!!

This is particularly annoying when your TPT is hooked up to a projector because you are , lets say giving a lecture or showing a movie.

Also the hdmi port remains switched on so either you pull the cable everytime or everyone who is watching will know your sim card PIN and also you screen lock pattern. NOT COOL! Lenovo markets the TPT as the tablet for the professional but then the pin request pops up and the professional looks like an idiot in front of a crowd.

This really prevents me from using the TPT for what I bought it for. I imagine the same is true for other owners so this needs to be prioritized and fixed urgently!

Please update your Tablet to build 89, it has a work around for this issue. Dev is working on this issue.

Punch Card
Shofar

It also has to do with your SIM. When I was using a German SIM, I needed to put in the code often. Now home using an Israeli SIM that does NOT ask for a code, no problem
Punch Card
pdaipio

I have the same problem with an Austrian SIM! The same SIM works in other devices without any problems.
SCSI Port
Neokazaki

I can confirm the issue with the Austrian SIM card!

Fanfold Paper
TiberiusTribun

[ Edited ]

bsnf schrieb:

Please update your Tablet to build 89, it has a work around for this issue. Dev is working on this issue.

Done. SIM Issue seems better now. I'm a bit curious though why the TPT didn't notify me of the updates.

Also I didn't mention that my SIM card is also German.

Since the update, the 3G status icon shows"H" for HSDPA now when available. This hasn't ever happen before, I only got "3G" before the update.

Still I want to stress the need for a security feature for HDMI. External screens need to be blacked out when any password, pin or unlocking screen is visible. I don't suppose there is a public issue tracker where I could post this request, is there?

Punch Card
gurk

I have exactly the same problem with a (prepaid) SIM card of a Swiss provider!

Thinkpad Tablet
Thinkpad T431s
ThinkPad Yoga S240 with OneLink Dock
802.11n
is1981

gurk,

I can infer from what I have read on another message you posted on this forum that you are not running a recent OTA upgrade on your slate. Update it and this annoying behavior will be fixed. One of the latest OTA upgrades has a temporary fix for this issue, this fix will be revised on a future upgrade from what I have learned on this forum.

Anything you need to know is on both the User's Manual and this forum.
Punch Card
bevo

I too have a German Sim Card (vodafone) and encountered no problems half a year ago. OTA 3(?) introduced the problem, with 89 it's gone. But to be honest, I'd rather have the first (actually the second, can't remember the number) build back, build 89 is the most unstable of all, lots of crashes, freezes and reboots. WLAN had always been great on my TPT, now it's totally unreliable. But, of course, the PIN issue is solved.