Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
nitric
Accepted Solution

3G keep disconnecting

! was able to connect to the 3G on my thinkpad tablet and no problem with it with the 0065_ROW.

However, after i update to version 0074_ROW, i noticed my 3G connection will disconnect almost every few seconds. First it will connect at 3G, then drop to G, then E. Then "no internet connection" for few seconds and then connected again to 3G and  the problem re-occur and the loop continues.

I thought the coverage at my office was bad but it happened in my house too and it was fine previously.

Please help....

What's DOS?
iseco

Re: 3G keep disconnecting

same issue here... randomly disconnecting and not possible to connect again. Same SIM card used in Samsung Galaxy Tab with no problems.

Connect to 3G is possible after shutdown.

Punch Card
nitric

seems to me now i can use every where else accept at my home's sitting room. funny. perhaps the service provider is also at fault here.

i did a factory reset after my first post. maybe that helped. pretty stable now in my office and else where.
Punch Card
Merkurrs

I have to restart my TFT constantly to get the 3G broadband  to reconnect.

Did your factory reset solve this?

I also am concerned that the signal is very weak compared to my mobile mobile phone next to me.

Suggestions? 

Punch Card
spip72

Hello there,

I purchased my thinkpad tablet a week ago. I have the same issue with mine. To start with, it happened a lot. I actually called Lenovo support and they offered to collect it for service. But then I came to think that maybe a factory reset would help. The thing is, that I've had two different SIM cards from different operators in the machine.  So there was a kind of logic to that maybe the sim card switch was too much for the software.

So I did a factory reset, and it actually helped a lot, so now I'm down to losing connection 1-2 times a day. I need to restart the tablet to get the 3G connection back.  I am thinking about calling Lenovo again and ask for service.

The symptons here are: 3G connection is lost. The tablet writes that the network is not available (which it is - just looking at my other cell phone). Going into Setting -> Wireless and Network -> Mobile Network -> APN settings, I only see blank APNs. When I have connection, this is all filled out. 

I would really hope this is a software isue, so that I don't have to send in the tablet for service. Did you guys have any luck?

Punch Card
pdaipio

No change here. 3G still disconnects 2-6 times per hour.
802.11n
slpin

hello

i have this problem

i called lenovo and they sent me a card which FIXES the problem!

Give them a call, For my issue, it was a problem with the card.

In the past 2 weeks since I have gotten my 3G replacement card, I have not had it disconnect ONCE whilst before, it would disconnect every hour and would require a full restart.
Punch Card
spip72

@Slpin

Thanks for letting me know. Since posting, I've had days where 3G has worked flawlessly, and then times where 3G would disconnect multiple times. This morning I had two disconnects, and finally called Lenovo support here in Denmark. They want it in for service.
Punch Card
spip72

Here's an update for my issue with 3G (disconnects and not able to reconnect without tablet restart)

The tablet has been serviced by Lenovo and I got it back from them Friday. Since then (going on day 5 now) 3G has been working flawlessly. According to the service note, they replaced the system mainboard of the tablet.

I am very impressed with the speed Lenovo handled this case for me. Thanks! :smileyhappy: