Support in other languages: 
802.11n
bogatyr
Accepted Solution

3G upgradable?

When ordering, it says they're 3G capable but they're missing the WWAN card which is due out in a month or two. Does that mean we can upgrade the non-3G ones we buy today?

Fanfold Paper
mfriedel

Re: 3G upgradable?

Doesn't look like it. I called Lenovo and the rep said that it's not upgradeable and that the model with 3g will be available in October.

802.11n
bogatyr

Oh well I guess. I never did use the 3G on my Xoom and my iPad I had with 3G was prior to the hotspot on my phone.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
pato128

If you really need a 3g one you may have to wait until October. The statement on the Lenovo website is somehow deceiving and makes you think you will be able to upgrade once the mobile broadband card becomes available.

Here is the info I got from chatting with a Lenovo rep:

_Adam R:  Thank you for choosing Lenovo chat service. My name is Adam and my rep ID is XXXXX. What can I help you with today?

Carlos:  good morning. My questions are related to the thinkpad tablet. I would like to know what 3g ready means. It says that the cards won't be available until october, so can I buy the tablet and purchase the card for mobile broadband later on? If so, how difficult will be to install the card and how much a 3g card will be?
_Adam R:  There is a bit of confusion regarding this matter
_Adam R:  one moment
_Adam R:  At first we were told that these models can have 3g added at a later date, but now we are being told it is not possible and you would need to wait until oct to get the 3g capable model
Carlos:  ok, thank you for your answer. It sounds like I may have to wait. As a suggestion Lenovo should put a note on the website, because 3g capable is making it sound like if you buy it somehow you will have the option to have 3g at some point
_Adam R:  We hope to have clarification posted soon
Carlos:  TY and have a great day
_Adam R:  you too!
Punch Card
mmaseda12

When I ordered on Tuesday the website said the 32g and 64g models were 3G upgradable.  Lenovo has now changed the website to say not 3G upgradeable.  If this is true Lenovo will you allow us to cancel our orders????

WWAN
pghFL

If you want to cancel or revise your order a call to Lenovo is in order.

===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Punch Card
Giblet15

When I ordered at 6 AM on tuesday it had a nice big "No" next to mobil broadband for all models. Not sure where everyone saw the the 3g bit.
WWAN
pghFL

Giblet15 wrote:
Not sure where everyone saw the the 3g bit.

It was there. I saw it, too. Thought something was weird.

===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
SCSI Port
DUTCHvanAtlanta

[ Edited ]

3G was listed higher in the specs - right after WiFi.  It has since been deleted and replaced with WiFi Only.

802.11n
bogatyr

Yeah, it originally said 3G support and that the 3G add-on card would be available in October or so. Now it says Wifi only but it still says 3G add-on card is available in October.