Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Gerbarinov

Re: 3G upgradeable?

Thank you! It works great even in Russia with gobi 3000 card Faced only one problem with russian language, while tablet had russian it did not work, switched to english and everything ok now (model 183825U 32gb)
Paper Tape
tidianeba

Hello 

If I install the wwan device as shown by pdl099, will I be able tohave a data plan in Canada ?

Thank you

SCSI Port
jamesselix

[ Edited ]

i've done the same mod/upgrade myself on my TPT 1839 model.  has anyone else noticed that if you have 3G enabled (i'm using a simcard w/AT&T USA) and the thinkpad goes to sleep for over 2 hours, the 3G does not work until the tablet is rebooted?

i'm noticing this consistently.

also, i wish manufacturers would understand what A-GPS really is and include the appropriate coordinate data for our regions or create an app that would. (does the TPT have native A-GPS or does the Gobi 3000 card add this? i know the Gobi gives my X220 Tablet GPS after adding)

SCSI Port
henryfell

Re: 3G upgradable?

how about beacuse the wifi hotspot sucks your battery down in the phone? I can't run for a whole day like that... :smileysad:

Paper Tape
quattro527

[ Edited ]

Hello guys,

After following this thread for the past month and picking up my 1838-25U, I also tried to install a WWAN card. However, through searching for other alternatives to get my T-Mobile to work (which works off AWS 1700MHz), I was let to the HuaWei EM770U and EM770J modems (the EM770U is what comes standard on the T-Mobile Dell Mini 10 laptop). (http://www.cellphonesignal.com/huawei-em770u-mobile-broadband-with-t-mo-3g-band-for-dell-laptop/)

These modems are said to have worked on many Lenovo laptops, so I decided to give it a try....but no dice. Although my device now has the "Mobile Network" enabled, when I try to active the device, I get a "No WWAN device detected!" error message.

Apparently the tablet does not have drivers built-in for the Hua Wei modems. Do any of you guys have any leads or solutions?  I am pretty keen on the Hua Wei EM770U device--for it supports ALL the US GSM bands from both T-Mobile (my choice) as well as AT&T.  If I can get this card to work, it would be pretty awesome.

Token Ring
konker

[ Edited ]

I'll be in a similar situation.

Just got myself a 183825U & was planning on upgrading it to 3G.

Was wondering if a identical ERICSSON F5521gw 3G WWAN card is compatible or do I have to absolutely get the Lenovo certified parts?

Here's the picture: 

ERICSSON F5521gw 3G

Anyone tried this before?

Please advise me as they are very affordable where I'm right now & compatible with local Telco bands.

Thanks!

SCSI Port
emersonvier

Re: 3G upgradeable? out USA

[ Edited ]

Hi guy,

I bought a 1838-25U + Gobi 3000 WWAN card MC8355(from AMAZON USA).
I opened and installed this card (thanks pdl099).

I insert my SIM CARD (TIM carrier)

I live in BRAZIL, how I actived out USA?

Where I get spare screw to secure the WWAN adapter to the Tablet?

EMERSON VIER

Thx,
EMERSON VIER
183825U - 4.0.3 - FW A400_03_0070_0132_US + Gobi 3000
Punch Card
Luiz_Felipe

Hi Emerson,

Please, tell me what is happening when you try to connect to TIM network ? I'm in Brazil To.
SCSI Port
emersonvier

[ Edited ]

Hi Luiz_Felipe,

I´m not have this option "TIM", only show the (Verizon Wireless, Sprint, AT&T) and Other, I try Other:

To sigup and activate: Please Contatct your service provider.

Luiz_Felipe what your model?

EMERSON VIER

Thx,
EMERSON VIER
183825U - 4.0.3 - FW A400_03_0070_0132_US + Gobi 3000
802.11n
Volker1

You only need the signup/activation menu for the screwed-up US carriers. In most of the world the cell phone provider will just sell you a sim card with data. Plugging in the sim card and selecting the riight mobile network is all that is required.