Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
jerry512

$970to replace usb,powerbutton+$950 to repair damage they performed?was returned to me in two halves

[ Edited ]

Purchased Thinkpad tablet 32 g in December for my Bday. Within 2 weeks display went out. Last week power button would no longer function. Usb charging port has always been loose, but that went out also. Lenovo want $970 to repair tablet that's under warranty. Not fair. Lenovo has failed me. Some people receive service some don't. I don't understand. 

Punch Card
comment

Re: $970 to replace usb and powerbutton

It is still under warranty call until you talk to someone reasonable. Others have had this issue
Punch Card
comment

Re: $970 to replace usb and powerbutton..any suggestions?

search usb on this forum. others had this service issue and got it fixed under warranty. Lenovo has admitted there was an issue with that connector ..................

Punch Card
comment

Re: $970 to replace usb and powerbutton..any suggestions?

also  search on Mark from lenovo some of his past post deal with this issue. he apparently works for lenovo

Lenovo Staff
bsnf

jerry512 wrote:

Purchased Thinkpad tablet 32 g in December for my Bday. Within 2 weeks display went out. Last week power button would no longer function. Usb charging port has always been loose, but that went out also. Lenovo want $970 to repair tablet thats under warranty. Not fair. 

Jerry,

I am pretty sure its a mistake, they should fix it for free. Please try calling again, if you get the same reply.

Send me a PM with complete details

Name of the CSR you spoke to - all details of the CSR ( will help to make sure it is not repeated)

case no, and your contact info

HDMI
deadday

What I want to know is what kind of crack they are smoking at the repair depots wanting to charge twice what the tablet cost initially to replace the board in one...
Fanfold Paper
jerry512

Thinkpad was returned to me apart from Lenovo service?

5 Month old Lenovo thinkpad tablet 32g. Sent to lenovo to repair usb and powerbutton(which they refused) . Thinkpad was returned disassembled and with scratched screen. I did not think to take photos before i sent. They wanted to $970 to repair usb and powerbutton. I curious how much they will want to repair their damage. 

WWAN
pghFL

Re: Thinkpad was returned to me apart from Lenovo service?

Did you pm bsnf? Worth a shot.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
802.11n
is1981

Re: Thinkpad was returned to me apart from Lenovo service?

Agreed, PM someone at Lenovo. What you describe is unaceptable.
Punch Card
legion67

I agree, I thinnk you have to talk to someone reasonable.  I had the usb issue a few months ago, turn around time for them was less than a week, it was free, and they paid for shipping both ways.  This past tuesday, my power button finally gave out as has been described in the forums, received the prepaid box to send to reapir wednesday, just got it back today, that was a 3 day turn around time or less, once again all paid for by them.

I realize that not everyone is having tthe same experience, but I have to say, this is the FASTEST and best service I've ever gotten from any company, and that includes "Apple".  Sure some might argue that the device is a lemon with all these issues, but at least they are willing to "fix" the lemon.  Lg has pretty much abandoned their G-slate device which I also have.