Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
HDMI
mtalinm

Re: [APP] LectureNotes (for handwritten notes)

obscure_detour wrote:

Nice application recommendation!

I went ahead and bought it as the image import is amazing and exactly what I need for writing on powerpoint slides from classes. Instead of trying to annotate them using eZPDF. Importing them as images in Lecture Notes is much much better!

so you take a picture of the projection screen and then mark it up? ooooh, I gotta try that.

Token Ring
obscure_detour

mtalinm wrote:

obscure_detour wrote:

Nice application recommendation!

I went ahead and bought it as the image import is amazing and exactly what I need for writing on powerpoint slides from classes. Instead of trying to annotate them using eZPDF. Importing them as images in Lecture Notes is much much better!

so you take a picture of the projection screen and then mark it up? ooooh, I gotta try that.

no silly, I have access to the digital copy of the powerpoint slides and I simply save them as a webpage and save all of the images to my tablet :smileyhappy:

Token Ring
xtsubarublazin

When will this program get layers so I can separate the background image from the new drawn lines? That would be awesome.

Token Ring
keszegh

it's among the plans to be able to put any png as a background and then annotating will be as you expect it to be. also i requested that multiple png-s could be added as multiple page backgrounds at once, specially for setting up a pdf for annotation faster (you still will have to export the pages to png's in some other app).

btw i already mentioned in another topic that free mantano reader can make simple annotations quite efficiently, looked simpler than in ezpdf.

Punch Card
joehare

When i share a file to evernote I dont' haev a way of opening it in evernote.

When I share with gmail it comes across as a .zip but winzip can't extract it.

I much prefer the fast writing experience of this app when compared to quill but if I can't view my notes in evernote or can't email them to myself then I'm not sure if I can buy it.

Am I doing something wrong?

jiv
802.11n
jiv

I think ruler and lasso + move/resize functions would be nice.

Token Ring
daveelt

Lasso move and resize all exist in lecture notes
Token Ring
Thjalfi

I tried the trial version with the TPT. The drawing is smooth, which looks nice, but there are two things that are a no-go for me:

1) No pressure sensitivity, although from what I read, this is will be added.

2) The strokes are converted to a bitmap. This is bad because it is quite limiting in resolution and storage intensive, even more so if you want a high resolution. Especially writing with a pen is made for using vector graphics, and that is why I think Quill still sticks out.

When someone is helpful to you, thank them by giving them a kudo. 18382BG ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_WE
802.11n
p600

Yeah, Quill vector nature makes it at least theoretically possible to write a convertor of Quill notebooks to Windows Journal, and thus get proper handwriting recognition (on a PC, but would be good enough for many).
Fanfold Paper
Krurps

This has become my absolute favorite note taking app during the last week - for MY workflow its THE absolutely friction-free tool. Amazing usability in any aspect! I finally bought it yesterday. 

Hate to say, but it outperformed my beloved quill (for the moment)...