Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
siggehandf

Re: [APP] LectureNotes (for handwritten notes)

Send the developer a mail asking about it. Or request it as a feature. Usually very quick to respond.
Fanfold Paper
acadoid

[ Edited ]

Hi folks,

I am the author of LectureNotes, I was glad to read that the app is useful for you. Sorry for joining this forum and this thread so late, but I learned only very recently that there are couple of forum threads related to LectureNotes.

Concerning the question of individual page pattern: Since v1.10, LectureNotes allows to code custom paper pattern in JavaScript (have a look on the app's help page to see the drawing commands available). For instance, you can write

page = LN.getPage();
switch (page) {
default:
  scale = LN.getScale();
  LN.drawCheckeredPattern(scale, false);
  break;
case 2: case 4: case 6:
  LN.drawRuledPattern(0.3, true);
  break;
case 8:
  break;
}

and get a checkered pattern as standard with pattern scale adjusted by the dialog slider, a ruled pattern for page 2, 4, and 6 with a fixed pattern scale, and a plain page for page 8. Of course, this is much more powerful, a more complex example is an eternal calendar

year = 2012;
months = ["January", "February", "March", "April", "May", "June",
  "July", "August", "September", "October", "November", "December"];
monthdays = [31, 28, 31, 30, 31, 30, 31, 31, 30, 31, 30, 31];
weekdays = ["Sun", "Mon", "Tue", "Wed", "Thu", "Fri", "Sat"];
month = LN.getPage() - 1;
year += Math.floor(month / 12);
month2 = month % 12;
month = month + 1;
days = monthdays[month2];
if ((month == 2) && (year % 4 == 0) && ((year % 100 != 0) || (year % 400 == 0)))
  days++;
if (month <= 2)
  year2 = year - 1;
else
  year2 = year;
c = Math.floor(year2 / 100);
y = year2 % 100;
m = ((month + 9) % 12) + 1;
w = (1 + Math.floor(2.6 * m - 0.2) + y +
  Math.floor(y / 4) + Math.floor(c / 4) - 2 * c + 7 * 100) % 7;
width = LN.getWidth();
height = LN.getHeight();
size = Math.min(width, height);
stepx = width / 8;
stepy = height / 8;
LN.setTextSize(0.025 * size);
for (d = 0; d < 7; d++)
  LN.drawText(weekdays[d], (d + 0.6) * stepx, 1.4 * stepy);
LN.setTextSize(0.05 * size);
LN.drawText(months[month2] + " " + year, 0.5 * stepx, 0.25 * stepy + 0.05 * size);
l = 0;
for (d = 1; d <= days; d++) {
  LN.drawText(d, stepx * (w + 0.6), stepy * (l + 2.4));
  if ((++w == 7) && (d != days)) {
    w = 0;
    l++;
  }
}
for (x = 0.5 * stepx; x < width; x += stepx)
  LN.drawLine(x, 1.5 * stepy, x, (l + 2.5) * stepy);
for (y = 1.5 * stepy; y < (l + 3) * stepy; y += stepy)
  LN.drawLine(0.5 * stepx, y, 7.5 * stepx, y);

which gives one month per page, starting January 2012.

There is another example in the app's help page with explanations.

Note that that your drawing commands are clipped to the current page dimensions, that commenting has to be done using
`/* comment */´ (commenting by `//´ does not work), that your JavaScript code has to finish within 200 ms (so it is advisable not to add comments at all as they slow down execution), and that with great power comes great responsibility.

Best regards,

Markus

802.11n
splotz

[ Edited ]

Hi Markus,

thanks for your post here, good to know how to make a calender :smileyhappy:

One question:

ezPDF does snapshots from pdf pages, but I can only forward it to bluetooth, dropbox, skype etc.

Do you know a solution how to forward it directly to LectureNotes or is this something the guys from ezPDF should change.

Regards, Splotz 

----

Hallo Markus,

Danke für dein post hier, gut zu wissen wie man sich einen Kalender machen kann :smileyhappy: 

Eine Frage:

Wenn ich mit ezPDF "snapshots" von einer PDF-Seite mache bietet er mir nur an es an bluetooth, dropbox, skype, e-mail weiterzuleiten.

Weisst du ob es eine Möglichkeit gibt  PDF "snapshots"  direkt an LectureNotes zu leiten , oder ist das etwas wo die macher von ezPDF eher was ändern müssen ?  

MfG, Splotz 

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Fanfold Paper
acadoid

Dear Splotz,

I guess that ezPDF uses an ACTION_SEND or ACTION_SEND_MULTIPLE intent, whereas LectureNotes presently registers only for ACTION_VIEW intents. As a consequence, LectureNotes is displayed as possible app to handle the intent when you open an image in a file manager, but it is not displayed when you share an image. I can register LectureNotes also for ACTION_SEND intents, this is somewhat against the Android logic of a share intent but might be helpful.

Best regards,

Markus

802.11n
splotz

[ Edited ]
Hi Markus, 

that would be great!

I am waiting since my first days with my TPTablet for a solution to read in PDFs
and have space to write notes at the same time.
edit2: This workaround (would) make it possible

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Splotz 

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Fanfold Paper
acadoid

I just uploaded v1.13 into Google Play. The major new feature is to allow folders of notebooks (and folders of folders of notebooks, etc.), but I also added LectureNotes as an image receiver (so that the app shows up when you share an image) and fixed a bug that could cause the app to crash when using a template for a new notebook.

To allow folders affects all parts of the app (notebooks board, notebook content view, notebook overview, notebook index, notebooks board index, ...). I carefully double- and triple-checked all features and things should work as before. Please drop an email to me in case you noticed something unexpected and I will do my very best to fix it quickly.

Best regards,

Markus

802.11n
splotz

[ Edited ]

"LectureNotes as an image receiver (so that the app shows up when you share an image)"

:smileyhappy: Works Great :smileyhappy:

Big enhancement for me!

WWAN
pghFL

Excellent news. Thanks!
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
jiv
802.11n
jiv

Would it be possible to add a feature to insert and modify/edit tables? Something like what Word has.

Fanfold Paper
acadoid

Dear Jiv,

to allow tables in the sense that columns and lines expand and shrink automatically upon input is not possible with the approach that the app uses (to store your pages in standard bitmaps instead of a proprietary vector format). However, the app has drawing tools such as line and rectangle (which are part of the pencil toolbox, choose `Show pencil toolbox´ in the pencil menu, click-and-hold to move, configure in the settings) which should ease to construct tables.

Best regards,

Markus