Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Sord

Re: [APP] Sunny Weekly Planner (ONLY for the TPT)

Thanks for the App.  There is a definite need for a day planner type App on Android.  Here are some suggestions:

1- please remove the constant "saved" messages, indicating the last bit of scribble was saved.  It is very distracting and serves no useful purpose.

2 - the ink quality needs to be improved.  When you zoom, the ink becomes a pixelated mess.  This should not happen.  Please take a look at the trial version of "Lecture Notes" as a good example of a bitmapped page that even when zoomed, the ink looks great.

3 - As others mentioned already, without "pen only" mode the application is very difficult to use since the palm causes the page to constantly jump around.

4 - of course the usual improvements would also be welcome: multiple pen thicknesses, colors, page layouts, etc.

Good luck with the development and keep the improvements coming.

Punch Card
false79

Thx sord for the feedback. A day planner version is in the works. The saved msg i think i will put in a preference to disable the appearance of the notification. I am gonna have to push back on the quality of the strokes for now because 1) it's functional 2) it doesn't look like crap at 100% 3) lecture notes and quill devs invested a lot of time in the quality of Stroke vectors whereas i took the easy way out with bitmaps. I am not going to say i will never do it but there are other features that will trump in functionality over appearance of zoomed in bitmap stroke. Thx for your valuable insight
Punch Card
false79

Thx obscure. Technically it is worthless because it is free.
Token Ring
niksch

[ Edited ]

@false79,

It's technically worthless because it is free?  Please explain your rational and thought process for this statement.

Punch Card
paperclip69

how do you get the premium app to disable touch? only had a quick look but i would also like to be able to just have one day to fil the screen, i could then use it to aid me with my time sheets at work rather than using paper which is what i have been after for ages.

you cant advertise a premium version and then not sell it thats just frustraiting

cheers

tom

Punch Card
bmhuhman

I tried it, and while it is a nice idea, it is rather useless to me. Unless I can sit in a meeting and write my upcoming meetings and have them be synced to my calendar, it is useless. If I want to take notes for anything else, I just use Quill because it a) works and b) already paid for it.
Punch Card
false79

@niksch - It's worthless because for a free app, it costs you nothing. Conversely, if it was worth value, it wouldn't be free. Is that both necessary and sufficient for you?

Punch Card
false79

Thx bmhuhman - It's rather tough to compete against keyboard based calendars. The objective was to compete against the paper version, or at least perform some of the same rudimentary functionality.

Punch Card
false79

paperclip69 - It's pretty clear the demand for a daily version. The paid version should be released later this week. There's a bug with Sharing to email that shares nothing but shares ok with Facebook.

Token Ring
obscure_detour

[ Edited ]

false79 wrote:

Thx obscure. Technically it is worthless because it is free

niksch wrote:

@false79,

It's technically worthless because it is free?  Please explain your rational and thought process for this statement.

Thanks niksch, as I'd also like to know the rationale for this thought process. I can think of hundreds, maybe thousands of applications that are free that provide a worthy and rewarding experience for many users. [...] worthless because it is free. This statement seems like a very Apple-esk viewpoint. Quill which is one dollar on the Android Market also has a free as in free speech version that is exactly the same. I don't believe the author or any of the people who use Quill believe it is worthless.

On another note, Volker1, the author of Quill did add a daily-planner option as a background image. Works fairly nicely and without annoying X feature is not available because free versions are worthless-mentality.

That said, I understand that it is your work and you can do whatever you want with it. But IMHO l believe most consumers who are punished for simply trying a free version won't even bother with the paid version when and if it comes out.

I wish you and your application the best of luck. Cheers.