Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
elmunc
Accepted Solution

Android Market version?

My TPT, which I purchased last December, is running version 1.0.28 of Android Market.  But it looks like Market is actually up to a version in the 3 series at this point.  I can't find a way to force an upgrade to the most recent version of Market.  Is there a way to do so?

Blue Screen Again
iceburner

Re: Android Market version?

Hi, download this new version of the Market appwhich has beenrebranded Google Play. It should replace the old one. http://hotfile.com/dl/149080043/c8d34ef/com.android.vending.apk.html ...
WWAN
pghFL

What's the version number?
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
HDMI
barbfxshow

My Market version is still 1.0.28. According to google ( http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190860 ), the TPT is supported and we should automatically get updated to Google Paly.

Is everyone else out there still on the same, old version?

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 1838CTO (not rooted, from Lenovo Direct Japan); WiFi-only model (w/ Galaxy Note LTE as tether); 64GB system memory with Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC card; ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0090_JP rom; GPS works (slowly) after 2012/04 return (power button had broke); Camera will not focus. (note: I have not re-tested these since the ICS update 2012/06/21) ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

HDMI
eKeith

My 183927U ...0089_US is also still on the older "Market".
HDMI
eKeith

[ Edited ]

It's on Market 1.1.0

HDMI
eKeith

iceburner wrote:
Hi, download this new version of the Market appwhich has beenrebranded Google Play. It should replace the old one. http://hotfile.com/dl/149080043/c8d34ef/com.android.vending.apk.html ...

Thank you. It's upgraded, and now in portrait on my dock!

HDMI
eKeith

pghFL wrote:
What's the version number?

HDMI
barbfxshow

Does Lenovo have any advice on this? I don't understand why isn't the update being pushed from their servers.

And if we update with that link, do you know if the Google Play app will auto-update thereafter?

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 1838CTO (not rooted, from Lenovo Direct Japan); WiFi-only model (w/ Galaxy Note LTE as tether); 64GB system memory with Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC card; ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0090_JP rom; GPS works (slowly) after 2012/04 return (power button had broke); Camera will not focus. (note: I have not re-tested these since the ICS update 2012/06/21) ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

HDMI
eKeith

[ Edited ]

barbfxshow wrote:

Does Lenovo have any advice on this? I don't understand why isn't the update being pushed from their servers.

And if we update with that link, do you know if the Google Play app will auto-update thereafter?

It appears that Lenovo has linked some "system" apps such as Docs to Go etc. for update only with their OTAs. I recall this seemed to be the case originally with Netflix but they have since released it for direct Google update. I suspect that "Market" is currently also "fixed". This strategy makes sense for custom apps, especially tablet versions until the market-version is similarly updated and compatible.

If you manually update, I expect the next OTA to overwrite it anyway and it will be up to Lenovo to then allow it to update via Google.

Just my guess...

PS
Play Store has a smaller 2x2 widget also...