Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
mfriedel

Re: [App] Quill - handwritten notes

Great app! Here's a few suggestions if you're looking for ideas:

• Background paper selection (graph/ruled)
  • Single tap/gesture pop out for faster color/thickness selection, auto pop back in when item is chosen
  • Being able to erase a small area instead of a whole single vector drawing. Obviously this would be more complicated as you'd get into splitting.
  • Intercept Pen button event if possible and offer menu selection for actions (erase, color/thickness popout, etc)
  • Easier way to return to 100% and centered zoom/move, double tap move icon?
  • Export as PDF/jpeg file, or send option with gmail/mail etc
  • Some sort of folder/note labeling for large numbers of notes/pages for different subjects
SCSI Port
wosto

mfriedel's suggestions echo mine exactly...!

• Background paper selection (graph/ruled) - With variations on the spacing of lines, for some reason most existing apps don't offer a paper selection with narrow spaced lines.
  • Single tap/gesture pop out for faster color/thickness selection, auto pop back in when item is chosen - Very important! A lot of the writing apps I tried, I got rid of because there was too much drilling down.
  • Intercept Pen button event if possible and offer menu selection for actions (erase, color/thickness popout, etc) - This would be cool, finally a use for that stylus button.
  • Export as PDF/jpeg file, or send option with gmail/mail etc - Especially PDF and the option to send via GMail
  • Some sort of folder/note labeling for large numbers of notes/pages for different subjects - Agreed.

I think it's a terrific first version, I'd be willing to buy it and beta test as well!

Thanks!

SCSI Port
phinphan

Awesome writing tool. Without a doubt you have set the bar very high for smooth writing. Once you add a few output options, you will have a winner.
Token Ring
obscure_detour

Wonderful app Volker1.

Pen responsiveness is amazing, best I've used thus far. I really like pressure/thickness capability too. I don't mind not having it on the fly, it works great the way it is IMHO. Love pen-only mode as well as different paper sizes! These paper sizes increase the overall canvas size, correct?

I also don't mind the color/thickness options being in the drop down. Only things I'll reiterate:

• Ability to have lined/graphed paper
  • Exporting (which you've already said you're working on) to pdf and/or png
  • Love the tags idea as well as some sort of heirarchy list of tags/pages/notebooks whatever
  • Simple text box?
  • Since it is vector based, would it be fairly easy to implement an option to, for example:  draw a box around a previous "pen stroke" and copy and/or move it around the canvas? ~not crucial, just an idea, as I'll write the same equation over and over.

Anyways, great job! This is amazing work! I'll be sure to grab it from the market to show my appreciation and support.

Cheers.

Punch Card
xyzxyz

[ Edited ]

Thank you for this wonderful app!  It's much more responsive than the notes-mobile.

Several suggestions (some are also interesting to others):

1. Is it possible to put several commonly used colors (e.g., black, red, blue) on the toolbar for fast access?  (In the paper world, we often swtich between several color-pens for marking)

2. paper tyle: ruled/unruled

3. export as pdf; open previous notes

4. realtime pressure sensitivity (not necessarily if it hurts the performance a lot)

5. more fine grained eraser (currently it erases word by word)

6. import pictures with adjustable size --- the notes-mobile does not allow changing picture size, which makes certain pictures invisible in  the note page

7. A pro version on the android market with many features (even if it has higher price than the current :smileyhappy:

Thank you again for your effort!

FDP
Token Ring
FDP

Volker, this is kind of random, but would it be possible to record the event order of strokes (start->finish with a time stamp) and use them to play back the drawing over time? Would be a great feature. Would definitely pay for a pro version in the market if you continued (~$4.99 would be reasonable if you were planning on keeping up dev.). Simple animation/onion skinning would be neat as well (there is a dearth of options out there for this).
Paper Tape
juanayala85

Impressive app, great for sketching and taking notes. Definitely +1 on the PDF export, notepad/graph paper background, and a more clear organization of notebooks. Also is there a way to disable the guide line? I draw and get one continuous stroke, but it's not until I release that I'm able to see how much pressure I'm actually applying. LOVE the disable touch feature, that alone is amazing. Great job.

Blue Screen Again
Bach

The best writing app I have used so far. Great job. Thanks!

I would love to have more than one book though :smileywink:

Punch Card
Divvy

FANTASTIC app! My suggestions in addition to the others are: 1. ability to toggle opacity with pen pressure 2. An undo button 3. Layer system if it is not too difficult Thanks!
802.11n
Volker1

Re: [App] Quill - handwritten notes (v2)

Update - I've edited the description in the first post.

PDF export works but is dog-slow right now, but it first has to work before I can speed it up :smileywink: