Re: [App] Quill - handwritten notes

Volker is a student - probably can't do much until after finals
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Token Ring
ron2k_1

@cgiznluca the if auto-clearing is implemented it may make it inconvenient for those that actually want it.  It is something developers always have to balance; the wants of some against the lost in others.

I suggest you clear the cache of the app.  Go to Settings>Applications>All>Quill>Clear Cache.  See if that helps.  Just make sure you don't clear the cache in cases where you'd still want that history.

My 2c

Ron

WWAN
pghFL

There are also apps that clear the caches very nicely.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
b74
Punch Card
b74

[ Edited ]

Hi, my suggestions to this ultimate app :

on finger, double finger input => move & resize function

on pen input => pen input mode

on pen click => draws a circle ( sketchbook like ) -> which allows to select : eraser, pen, fountain, line, color picker, thickness, color whell

( circle is better & more convenient than the square one )

I often tend to be frustrated when I have to select another color .. I just started to draw on my meeting note, make the whole feel so better & familiar to draw clouds, sun & grassland on it, just like my kids do !

+ thanks a lot to the developper, I'll be willing to pay more if the App matches my requirements !

Pen Problem ? forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Pen-Stylus-problem/m-p/927949#M19729
Punch Card
paperclip69

Hi, am starting to use this app again but have foud that it cant hide the system bar and keeps asking if i am sure i have root, i am sure i have root as other root apps work.

Any help would be great as i the bar gets in the way

Cheers

Tom
b74
Punch Card
b74

Hi, I'm sorry to bother ..

Seems like my quill database just crashed .. can't find my notebook anymore ..

Used to sync via sugarsync the /android/data/com.quill. folder ..

then when i launch quill this folder doesnt seem to existe anymore ..

Is there a way to recover it ?

Pen Problem ? forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Pen-Stylus-problem/m-p/927949#M19729
802.11n
Lens_flare

sorry for beeing noob, maybe I'm not understanging something..
text tool is not working. I tap to it, it stil rejects a palm, tap to any part of my list and nothing! no cursor etc that should represent I want to type.

Another strange tool is a selector(?).
it draws a green rectangle with boundary circles and that's all it does, what's more I can't delete it. what's it? I s it just bounds area? coz I could write in it as on other parts of the list Maybe it is a cropper for ease of export part of information? Seems no.

May I also have a request? there is an app called "papyrus" where the eraser tool is perfect, obvious and precise, could you do an eraser like on that? Seems that app is based on your source.
And what about copy/paste?

I hate papyrus coz it doesn't have on-close-backup, and overall very laggy (was near great at first version).
Or it would be effective to have a request to "papyrus" developer? :smileyvery-happy:
Token Ring
ron2k_1

@ Lens_flare

Actually, Papyrus feels smoother to me than Quill.  I don't think the code is the same.  I'm not a developer; but the way the vectors get recorded feels different; in my case Quill also looses sensitivity after it's used for a while.  Papyrus is way behind Quill, but it has some cool features:

1. You can create notebooks and are seen the way Lecture Notes present them

2. Then you can add notes within the notebook and have a title for each note.  For instance you can have a notebook called "Meetings", and then open as many "notes" as you want and label them by dates, or company you're meeting with, etc.

3. Pen gestures are really useful.  Especially the color picker.

4. Selection lasso that allows you copy, paste, cut, and duplicate is superb

5. One-tap finger touch to erase is very convenient as well.  But it gets in the way when you're trying to edit notes at the top area where there are notes in the lower part of the page.  The app may recognize your palm rest or little finger knuckle as an eraser gesture.

I'd like the following on Papyrus tho:

1. Definitely a backup feature.  There is no way to back up your notes right now.  You can only share them as PDF or EverNote.

2. Picture inport.  In presentation meetings, sometimes you'd like to snap a picture and place it in your notes.

3. Pen-tool: You need more pen presents.  Pencil, fountain pen, marker, etc.

I'd like to following on Quill:

1. Smoother vector recognition.  On Papyrus I can just write at my normal speed and it really feels as if I had an ink pen in my hand scribbling on my notepad.  Quill on the other hand, I have to write a bit slower.  There seems to be a delay between strokes and vector recognition.

2. Picture import -(from gallery or camera)

3. Copy, Cut and Paste.  Duplicate from Papyrus seems useful too

Just my 2c

Ron

802.11n
Lens_flare

>> Papyrus feels smoother to me than Quill.
you definitely haven't tried last version of that..
and seems no way back..
maybe you have an older one, please share it ;p

what about that strange tools (text and selector), I can't believe that nobody except author knows how to use them? :smileyvery-happy:
Token Ring
ron2k_1

Uhmn, I need to check which version I have.  I haven't updated anything for a week or so as I know I want do a full factory restore before I update to ICS, and it will be useless to update if I need to re-install all my crap back anyways.  Have you notified the Develper of Papyrus of your experiences.  I know it's inconvenient to email developers but in beta stages they rely on customers to point out the way the app should take.  I took 5 minutes the other night to email him what I thought and what would be nice if he included in the app.

I used Quill quite a bit, and I can honestly say that I'm really not sure what "Text" and "Selector" tools you're talking about.  Are you sure it is Quill you're looking at?  Unless, I missed an update as I bought this from Lenovo and they are always behind on updates.  I'll take a look at Quill again tonight, but I seriously don't recall seeing those features in Quill.  Are you sure you're not confusing Quill with MyScript Notes (a red icon app that comes by default on the tablet)?

Ron