Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
free

Re: [App] Quill - handwritten notes

why the price on android market changed to $0.49

I buy got price $0.99 on lenovo store...

Token Ring
keszegh

thanks for noticing the discount, i finally bought the app after months of using it for free. definitely quill is the app i spend the most happy time with. i only hope that reorganizing pages within and across notebooks will be possible in a next version, as this is the only important feature i still miss.

Punch Card
joehare

How do I buy the app from the market if I've already downloaded the free version?

Everytime i try to buy it it just give me an option to open it. How do I buy it?

Token Ring
keszegh

[ Edited ]

hi, first you have to uninstall the free quill from settings/applications/all. BUT make sure you export all your notes (one by one) beforehand (preferably into the .quill backup format) as uninstalling deletes all notebooks. then you can buy and install the app from the market. and then within the app at the end of the settings menu there is a backup option where you can restore one by one all your notebooks from the .quill files. hope this helps.

Punch Card
joehare

OK backing all the notebooks up, uninstalling and reinstalling from the market works.

Doing so has shown me that the export and import  functions really needs to be moved to the same menu as "send to evernote". Its current location is hard to find and awkward to use for multiple notebooks.

SCSI Port
Nick78

Volker1, Just a heads up, I can't export notebooks to evernote.

Also, How do i go about copying my quill backup to a more secure location?

Punch Card
KinmeHaeru

PLEASE give us the option to turn pressure-sensing on and off. I can't stand that it's always on pressure-sensing.

Paper Tape
softbirdy

Request for feature:  auto dim / brightness

It would be nice to have Quill reducing its brightness after a preset time (e.g. 2 min) and upon touching the screen, returning to its normal brightness.  This would reduce battery consumption without having to put the tablet to sleep, so the tablet remain readely available for note taking during long period. 

Right now, I am using my tablet for note taking during meeting which can last all day long and more.  However, there could be long periods during a meeting that I don't have to take notes but still need the tablet to be readely available so I can quickly write down a note if needed.  By reducing brightness upon a 2 min of inactivities, this would help to make sure the battery last all day while maintaining tablet readiness.

It would need a menu under setting to preset the level of brightness when dimmed, and the time period of inactivities prior the application Quill auto dimmed to the preset.

Thanks for considering to implement such a feature.

jiv
802.11n
jiv

KinmeHaeru, 

Try using the pencil instead of the pen.

Punch Card
thomega

[Quill] move/copy among notebooks?

Dear Volker,

do you have any plans to support moving and/or copying pages among notebooks?  If so,

on which timescale?

I'm asking because even with the new fileformat, the startup time for my monolitic notebook

has become too long for comfort and I'd like to use separate notebooks for non-interfering

topics.  Currently, splitting the notebook appears to be tedious (backup, rename, restore, delete

duplicate pages individually) and I should do it, before the notebook grows even more.  But if

convenient support is on the horizon, I should wait a bit more.

Thanks,

-Thorsten