Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 136

Applications of Lenovo tablets - when you use it?

[ Edited ]

There are ultra notebooks in the market other than tablets.

Why do you choose tablets over ultra notebook?

When do you normally use your Lenovo Tablets be it K1 or ThinkPad Tablet?

My brother is a real estate agent. He uses Lenovo Tablet quite often despite having a 14" laptop. Normally it's used for taking properties pictures and upload to his website instantly. Besides, it's a very convenient and handy device for him to communicate with customers any time via email or messengers. It is simply because it boots up fast and sufficient for his works.

There are customers buy it merely for playing games. So what about you? 

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
pr0f

Re: Applications of Lenovo tablets - when you use it?

[ Edited ]

We bought five TPTs mainly for teaching purposes and for student projects.

However it turned out that the TPT is not well suited for teaching, because of the impossibility to hide the honeybar and also because of the rather bad VGA out. And the unresponsive pen was a disappointment (it makes you look like an idiot in front of "Maths/Physics/Computer Science"-oriented students).

However the TPT turned out as a good assistant for the whole administrative work (diary, mail (well, here is room for improvement), notebook, internet research, etc.).

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

Hi pr0f,

Thank you for your sharing. :smileyhappy:

I agree with you. There are certainly rooms for improvement especially when tablets tend to change the way we normally do to execute our daily jobs be it for work or for leisure.

Hiding the honeybar can be one of the to-be-improved item. I can imagine it to work like the Windows bar - hide and unhide whenever you want.

As i have not used the VGA function in TPT, I can't comment much but will check it out. In my opinion, the VGA will work at this stage, however, it may not be as good as we experience with the normal notebooks connected to Display devices.

I use the pen occasionally but not as much as you do for teaching purpose. Please excuse my curiosity. Which application do you use when the unresponsive pen issue happens?

In my opinion, tablets are still at the early stage and it was initially introduced for light use purpose. I'm sure it will evolve to be come better for wider coverage.

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
cortisol

THE ONE AND ONLY reason i bought this TPT is THE PEN. I was never attracted to any single android tablet, but TPT (and its pen) changed it all.

The app i use most in this tablet is Quill. Total paper replacement. I use it extensively to sketch, write, summarize, draw, jolt,  anything pen-based related. It saves me huge from paper pileup. And having  thought that your ideas are all preserved in one tablet, instead of bunch of paper notes, is nice indeed.

However i never use this tablet in public, not because it's kinda huge and thick (well maybe it's another factor), but to use it for writing 'infuriating-free' you have to wear some gloves. That's very impractical and silly. And without glove-workaround i think this TPT would be the worst thing i ever bought since it defies the only reason i bought this tablet.

I have faith in Lenovo TPT (and quill), especially when a mod said it will release the wacom-based version. But then Samsung already mentioned it will release Galaxy note 10.1 with S-PEN. Hmm, decisions, decisions.

Punch Card
pr0f

[ Edited ]

Cleo_Lenovo wrote:

[...]

Hiding the honeybar can be one of the to-be-improved item. I can imagine it to work like the Windows bar - hide and unhide whenever you want.

As i have not used the VGA function in TPT, I can't comment much but will check it out. In my opinion, the VGA will work at this stage, however, it may not be as good as we experience with the normal notebooks connected to Display devices.

I use the pen occasionally but not as much as you do for teaching purpose. Please excuse my curiosity. Which application do you use when the unresponsive pen issue happens?

In my opinion, tablets are still at the early stage and it was initially introduced for light use purpose. I'm sure it will evolve to be come better for wider coverage.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I hope that ICS supports a real fullscreen mode (the honeybar takes a lot of room and is visible to the audience during presentations (this is really annoying)).

Apropos VGA: I think the rather unsharp picture is not caused by bad signal quality: The TPT downsizes the native resolution 1280x800 to 720p and it seems that there is no option to change this behavior.

The pen is a story of its own. For some users the pen works well, for others it does not. I think it depends on your writing style (mainly the position of your palm). And since you can't hide the honeybar it happens occassionally that you hit the clock or any other of the icons which causes a menu to open (breaking your writing). I am using Quill and ezPDF. 

If you are interested in the unresponsiveness of the pen see this video.

Fanfold Paper
Buttons

I bought mine for note taking in business meetings.  Now that I got the IT dept's ok to synch it with our server, I have all my Outlook functions on it.  I love taking notes and being abe to see emails pop up on my device while I'm looking right at the person I'm meeting with.  I use the Quill app.

HDMI
mtalinm

I use it for two reasons:

1) Quill - see above. No more paper notebooks.

2) I frequently need to mark up documents for reference. I used to do this by printing them out, marking them up, and then filing them away. Inevitably I lose them or forget where I put them. Now I just mirror my computer filesystem using SugarSync, select the document I want to edit, load it with ezPDF, and then upload the edited version back to SugarSync and it's back on my compute.r Love this system. 

Note: #2 worked on my iPad using Dropbox and iAnnotate, but I hated making notes with my finger.

Punch Card
gtmike

I use my thinkpad tablet for taking notes in school and for entertainment in general.  It is really nice because for biology i can use the different colors and pen sizes for drawing diagrams.  I also use different colors to seperate math problems when taking math notes.  When I do my math homework, I do it on it and my teacher just looks at my tablet and I show her the problems.  She said that she is not even looking at the problems, but just at the tablet :-).  It is just a good tablet all around, to use for everything.  I use Quill for notetaking and homework and then Writepad for scrap paper.

I am going to need a laptop for college as well, but this is much more portable and useful for taking notes than a laptop or ultrabook.

Punch Card
siggehandf

I work as a teacher and I use the tablet for writing notes from all my meetings, add notes to students papers and have all the text books as PDF. I feel that if the software and overall functionalities of the tablet is improved, it could be miles better then anything else on the market for students. I'm hoping that ics will make this tablet complete, but right now, there are too many crashes and the pen need touchscreen off function.
Punch Card
bchau

I bought it because of its pen and its nice form factor. Full-size USB port, mini HDMI, pen holder, etc....

I used the Note Mobile a lot for note taking in business meetings. I think it makes a few iPad users in the meetings jealous :smileyhappy:

As for VGA output., it is fine. I bought the ASUS mini HDMI to VGA cable adapter and project the screen onto a data projector for presentation. Much better quality and simpler setup than the iPad using their Apple TV to mirror their screen onto the projector.

I really think Lenovo has a winner here if markets properly. Of course, there are rooms for improvment but the TPT has a distinct advantage over many of the Android tablets and the iPads out there. I hope Lenovo would seriously put more resources to further develop the tablet business. If there is a TPT based on Intel clover trail running Win 8, with same form factor and pen, I would be the first to buy one.