Support in other languages: 
HDMI
Planemaker

Broken Charger

I pulled my charger out of my briefcase this evening and the clip that holds the prongs into the charger is broken.  I have another charger I use for my phone but, in the past when I used it with the USB cable provided by the phone maufacturer the charging was really slow.  i know that using the Lenovo supplied charger and cable significantly decreases the charging time.

Question:

Does anybody know if use my phone charger with the Lenovo supplied cable will provide a faster charge than the phone supplied USB cable?

Paper Tape
CCXII

Re: Broken Charger

From what I understand, it isn't the cable that matters so much. It's the output amperage of the charger. The TPT charger is 2A. and for example, a blackberry charger is 700mA, which is much less output resulting is a much slower charge.
HDMI
Planemaker

CCXII wrote:
From what I understand, it isn't the cable that matters so much. It's the output amperage of the charger. The TPT charger is 2A. and for example, a blackberry charger is 700mA, which is much less output resulting is a much slower charge.

If this is the case are there any recommendations for a non OEM 2A charger or would I be better off buying one for Lenovo?

jiv
802.11n
jiv

Actually, I have found decent charge times with a 5.0V  1.0A charger and a short USB cable that came with my phone, which leads me to wonder if it has more to do with the length of the USB cable.

Token Ring
obscure_detour

Any 3rd party charger will work, just make sure it says 2A on it to achieve maximum charging throughput via USB. Personally, I would just get a dock from amazon....roughly $50 shipped now. Will charge fully in ~3-5 hours. Lenovo should have given us a proper charger to begin with.

WWAN
pghFL

[ Edited ]

"Lenovo should have given us a proper charger to begin with."

Agreed. Buy.com also had the dock recently for 50.00, free shipping.

===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
802.11n
splotz

@obscure_detour

Will it "charge fully in ~3-5 hours" while using the tablet or when switched off /  in standby?

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

HDMI
Planemaker

Will This Work

FYI - I used gorilla glue and to permanetly attach the US prongs to the charger (charger still works the prongs I just have to turn the charger upside down in the wall receptacle).

WWAN
pghFL

I remember reading posts here on the forum that iPhone 4s charger would work. Can be had fairly cheaply on Amazon. Also available through some of the deal sites.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
jiv
802.11n
jiv

[ Edited ]

3.1A seems pretty high. Not sure if the TPT could handle that without any issues. I personally wouldn't take the risk.

As mentioned in the earlier post, these are what I use:

Veho Travel Adaptor

Nokia CA-179

I don't have any figures to give, but the charge times seem on par with the Lenovo supplied adaptor. Also, I've tried using the Veho adaptor with other cables, but the TPT will show as charging for about 4 seconds then stop. Only the Nokia cable seems to be able to charge the TPT properly.