Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
feskey
Accepted Solution

Can not root and Update OTA again after unroot.

When I  rooted ,I backup and delete some some flexT9 input file, then I find out I can not recive SMS after root .

So I unroot ,now I get OTA update but it's says error about I miss some flexT9 file.I can not restore file without root.

Now I  can never root again ,and I can not even UPDATE OTA because system fille ar change.

What can I do NOW ????

Token Ring
keszegh

Re: Can not root and Update OTA again after unroot.

[ Edited ]

I would not worry yet, probably somebody will be able to send you the missing file. Although now i see that you unrooted and not able to root again. In this case i don't know. somebody who knows more about root might help you.

Punch Card
jck_dnt

I think there is no way you can upgrade your tablet once you have deleted some system files and lost the root access. I was stuck with this problem since a month now, but I haven't found any solution.

For what I understand, the only possiblity is that Lenovo release an official (signed!) full system image which will allow us to overwrite all system folders without checking for preinstalled apps. But I have the feeling that this won't happen

802.11n
is1981

jck_dnt wrote:

For what I understand, the only possiblity is that Lenovo release an official (signed!) full system image which will allow us to overwrite all system folders without checking for preinstalled apps. But I have the feeling that this won't happen

I certainly would appreciate a full system image; never rooted a device (and possibly will never do) but agree than an official system image will be very helpful both recovering tablets in case of filesystem corruption and making clean installs from scratch.

Punch Card
feskey

@jck_dnt

have you found any solution for root again ?