Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Flyboy23
Accepted Solution

Connecting TPT to Mac computers

[ Edited ]

Hey all!

I was very surprised and really disappointed when I connected my TPT to my Mac using the USB > Micro USB Cable and nothing happened. I was expecting the Mac to mount the device's internal storage. Should be like with every other Android device as well shouldn't it? E.g. the device asks you if you want to enable USB storage, you click yes and that's it. But nada! 

Seriously, how am I to use this business product if I can't even copy my documents onto it?

Don't tell me to put my stuff onto an USB Stick an plugging it into the Mac and the tablet back and forth! :smileywink:

And while I'm asking, though not necessary, sending files via WiFi would be nice as well.

Thanks and regards

jiv
802.11n
jiv

Re: Connecting TPT to Mac computers

There used to be a similar issue when connecting the TPT to PCs running Windows XP. That should have been fixed a while ago with the latest software update.You might want to check with other Mac users if they are facing the same issue.

For WiFi transfer, you could use DropBox. It might take a while with large files, since your TPT has to upload to the DropBox server first, then your Mac has to download it from there.

802.11n
is1981

[ Edited ]
The ThinkPad slate tablet works flawlessly with other BSD systems (e.g. OpenBSD). I would be surprised it does not work the same way in MacOS X. As you want to transfer files to the tablet using the micro USB port, I would suggest setting this port to mount mode (Settings -> USB settings -> View contents of SD card (Mount).

Just mount the slate as you would do with any other USB drive and you will be able to transfer files to the external SD card.
Paper Tape
Flyboy23

Yes, I can mount the external SD card. Great. Can you tell me why I have 64 Gigs of space when I can only transfer my files onto that little 1 GB card I put into the card reader?

Sure, I can put my files onto that card, then use a file manager app and copy them to their desired location on the internal storage....  Seems a little inconvenient doesn't it? Why force me doing more steps then necessary? On a device that's targeted on business users, that want effectivity in their lives...

Punch Card
cvburg

It works for me using "Android File Transfer". Free Application which connects to my TPT.

Its not a pretty solution but it works..

http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Paper Tape
Flyboy23

At least there is a solution... thank god, errr, google...

My Nexus S device mounts natively though... just saying...