Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
manf0001

Disable Device Administrators Options

I Have a Thinkpad Android 3.1 Tablet, 

I enable the Device Administrators options, just to play around with and try to figure it out for my business.  However when I activate them they can not be deactivated.   THe Worst part is that the programs are Lenovo Branded and Lenovo Support does not know anything.

The Programs in Question are:

-Lenovo Security Policy Handler

-Lenovo Device POlicy Handler

-Lenovo Configuration Handler

-Lenovo Mobility Manager

There is not much on the support site for this, except for how to deploy it, but even then it doesn't tell me much.  And when I call Lenovo they tell me there is no support for the software EVEN their Name Branded software only hardware.  NOT only that, but they can't tell me how some of the programs that they are partned with and included their software (ie: Absolute Software or LanDesk) if they require subscriptions or something else on my server.  THey tell me to call company B and Company B tells me to call Lenovo.

So Does anyone know how to disable the four options above.  When they are enabled, there is a check mark, but it's greyed out, and unable to uncheck it to turn it off, I don't want to or think I should have to wipe the tablet.

This is making me rethink purchasing the extended warrenty, with Priority Support, I don't want to dish out the cash if they can't help with

Paper Tape
crabnebula

Re: Disable Device Administrators Options

I would also like to know if anyone can provide more information about this.

In general, apart from the FlexT9 keyboard, there really doesn't seem to be much in terms of added value by the 3rd party apps that Lenovo provides...

jiv
802.11n
jiv

crabnebula wrote:

In general, apart from the FlexT9 keyboard, there really doesn't seem to be much in terms of added value by the 3rd party apps that Lenovo provides...

Most of the preloaded apps can be downloaded for free on Google Play, so you're right about that. The only useful thing would probably be Documents to Go and even that has its quirks, especially when it comes to updates.

WWAN
pghFL

DTG - quirks with printing on Printer Share, among others.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO