Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Jamon

Docking station for $17

On April 13th I searched Google Shopping for the ThinkPad Tablet docking station. The lowest price was from Sears for $30 total. The seller was "ALWAYSLOWEST.COM". It finally shipped today, 12 days later, on April 25th.

When I was checking the site, I saw that the new seller is "Antonline.com", and the dock is now only $17 total. I checked the site outside of Sears, and it lists 92 in stock for that price. But this one says "Ships in 2--3 business days".

It is also available from Amazon, sold by "PORTABLE GUY" for $20 total, and Provantage for $24 total.

I would not recommend purchasing from alwayslowest.com, because it took nearly 2 weeks to ship, and there now appears to be the same item for half the price at another store.

Token Ring
niksch

Re: Docking station for $17

Good to know, thanks Jamon.  I'm considering at least two more docking stations (besides work and home) just because this is the most reliable way to quickly charge the TPT.  It is a shame though.  All I should really need is the AC adapter and cord.

WWAN
pghFL

niksch wrote:

All I should really need is the AC adapter and cord.

So true. Yet another instance...
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Ctrl-Alt-Del
InnocentSmith

Just ordered mine from ANTOnline, let's see how it turns out.

802.11n
ameridian

niksch wrote:

Good to know, thanks Jamon.  I'm considering at least two more docking stations (besides work and home) just because this is the most reliable way to quickly charge the TPT.  It is a shame though.  All I should really need is the AC adapter and cord.

Even one for the road with something like this;

http://www.amazon.com/110V-POWER-ADAPTER-INVERTER-OUTLET/dp/B004I1LF7O

As for me, I use neither the dock or wall adapter anymore. Found something better but Lenovo seems to call it an invalid charger based on the TPT log. Guess they can pull the plug on its use if they're so inclined.

jiv
802.11n
jiv

ameridian wrote:

niksch wrote:

Even one for the road with something like this;

http://www.amazon.com/110V-POWER-ADAPTER-INVERTER-OUTLET/dp/B004I1LF7O

As for me, I use neither the dock or wall adapter anymore. Found something better but Lenovo seems to call it an invalid charger based on the TPT log. Guess they can pull the plug on its use if they're so inclined.

I thought about getting one of those, but couldn't find one that shipped to my country.

Also, at the rate the TPT seems to be consuming power, I'm a little worried that I might kill the cars' battery trying to charge it. :smileytongue:

(that last part was sarcasm)

802.11n
ameridian

jiv wrote:

I thought about getting one of those, but couldn't find one that shipped to my country.

Also, at the rate the TPT seems to be consuming power, I'm a little worried that I might kill the cars' battery trying to charge it. :smileytongue:

That particular one may not be suitable since it's probably rated at only a few watts. You'll need one rated at 30W or more for the TPT.

jiv
802.11n
jiv

Actually, I've been able to charge it with a standard 5W USB charger. Cannot comment on how long it takes, but it did charge for at least a full hour.

ameridian wrote:

jiv wrote:

That particular one may not be suitable since it's probably rated at only a few watts. You'll need one rated at 30W or more for the TPT.

WWAN
pghFL

My Evo 4G charger works and charges equally fast. It's the only thing that worked when my previous micro usb was loose.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
802.11n
ameridian

jiv wrote:

Actually, I've been able to charge it with a standard 5W USB charger. Cannot comment on how long it takes, but it did charge for at least a full hour.

My posts were referring to buying a $17.00 dock and inverter for the car (fast/reliable charge while on the road). Charging via the dock needs 22-25 watts for maximum performance hence the recommended 30W (minimum) inverter. Anything less than that and fast/reliable would begin to approach USB charge levels and defeat the purpose of using a dock in the car.