Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
gurk

Duplicate folders in Windows Explorer when attaching TPT via USB

When  I'm attaching my TPT to a Windows PC via USB, the Windows Explorer shows each folder on TPT's internal SD card twice. One folder of the two identical folder contains the files/subfolders (when it is not empty anyway), the other one is always empty.

I tested this on two different Win7 workstations with the same result. What can be done to get the SD cards folder structure displayed in the Windows Explorer properly?

Thinkpad Tablet
Thinkpad T431s
ThinkPad Yoga S240 with OneLink Dock
Fanfold Paper
yemmy

Re: Duplicate folders in Windows Explorer when attaching TPT via USB

HI Guys, I updated to ICS last night with the ROW update. (Thankyou Lenovo). When I connect the tablet to my laptop (Win XP) it only shows two folders, attachments and DCMI. I thought being a somewhat related thread I would post it here.

Does anyone know why I can only see those two folders and cannot see the music and movie folders as an example?

802.11n
Lens_flare

What can be done to get the SD cards folder structure displayed in the Windows Explorer properly?

backup all folders and just wipe all out. then put only folders that have something, ics will recreate rest.

it only shows two folders, attachments and DCMI. I thought being a somewhat related thread I would post it here.

Does anyone know why I can only see those two folders and cannot see the music and movie folders as an example?

seems like a MTP aND ics restrictions. Many native ics users are complaining about the same.

Fanfold Paper
yemmy

Thanks Lens_Flare, while it was not the answer I was hoping for I appreciate the quick reply! :smileyhappy: