Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Paravoz_SPb

Exchange account & Wi-Fi

Hi, I am create activesync (Exchange) account .

After creation, Lenovo Profile Manager disabling half the tablet (WLAN, Bluetooth, Camera, USB storage ....).

If i delete this account - Lenovo Profile Manager turn ON all interfaces and all OK.

How do I prevent this profile form being loaded? My understanding is that adding a "Corporate" mail account installs a device administrator, but there should not come a Configuration Profile form Lenovo out of nowhere.

Please, answer me ! 

Fanfold Paper
Paravoz_SPb

Re: Exchange account & Wi-Fi

Problem solved !!!

This issue - error of Kerio Connect 7.3.* Mail Server.

Rollback on 7.1.3 version - all OK !!!! 

What's DOS?
ellis056

I am having the same issue using Google Apps Exchange account.  Any ideas?  I obviously don't have control over the Google Mail Servers. ;-)

Thanks,

Justin

Core Memory
jpmmuc

ellis056 wrote:

I am having the same issue using Google Apps Exchange account.  Any ideas?  I obviously don't have control over the Google Mail Servers. ;-)

It is possible to solve this problem with a customized profile ... pasper made a post how to do, this helped me with a T-Online Account:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/HELP-and-WARNING-Exhange-ActiveSync-Account-disab...

Jpmmuc

Lenovo Staff
LANOgre

Since this is an Exchange server, might be better to get the server configuration changed to prevent the problem.

Here is how to change it:

For example on Exchange 2007 server
Open Exchange Management Console
Expand Organization Configuration
Select Client Access
Right Click on the Exchange ActiveSync Mailbox Policy that is used and select Properties
Select the Device tab
Select the options that you want to Allow.  The options that have a checkmark next to them are what you have allowed.
For Example, select Allow Wi-Fi so that you can enable Wi-Fi on your ThinkPad Tablet
After you have selected your options, select Apply then OK.
Re-syncing the account will then re-enable the device.

Core Memory
jpmmuc

LANOgre wrote:

Since this is an Exchange server, might be better to get the server configuration changed to prevent the problem.

Here is how to change it:

Thanks for your advice, but the customers of big platforms have no chance to change the server settings ...so the onlypracticable solution is the profile.

In my case, that "Exchange Account disables the whole tablet" problem occured only with my TPT. With my other Android devices I don't have this problem.

Jpmmuc.