Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
vinsin22
Accepted Solution

Extremely Slow charging time + battery draining too quick

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone, I just obtained my thinkpad tablet in the mail and I am already having some problems. To start with the device is charging extemely slowly. After a rediculous 5 hours of charging, the device only holds about a 75% charge. Thats not the only issue; what little a charge the system will take gets drained extremely fast. I hear reports of people getting up to 8 hours of battery life on there thinkpad tablet, while I am getting only about 2-3 hours at best. Its paticuraly disturbing that the system is draining battery while it is shut off. After reading this: http://www.carrypad.com/2011/10/01/thinkpad-tablet-%E2%80%94-owner%E2%80%99s-impressions-series-part...

review I'm begining to think that I may have to buy a docking station to make this thing charge correctly, additionally I may have apps running in the background like the person in the review describes. At any rate I'm not really tech savy when it comes to the android os and i have no idea how to do the work around that he describes, also I'm having trouble finding an appropriate dock. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks everyone,

Vincent

802.11n
ameridian

Re: Extremely Slow charging time + battery draining too quick

Ctrl-Alt-Del
InnocentSmith

Hi

I also have the TPT for a few days and noticed the same behaviour. Probably this will explain it better:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Thinkpad-Tablet-Battery-Took-Long-Time-To-Fully-C...

Also make sure you turn off wifi, GPS, lower screen brightness, kill unused programs, etc., to get better battery life.

HTH

Juan

What's DOS?
cmar

Same problem and deception here. Can someone summarize? Is it a hardware problem or software problem? Can we just buy a new wall plug? Shall we wait for software update? (I have done all but still have the problem). What I noticed is that in stanby mode, the screen turns on for a few second regularly.
Blue Screen Again
someguy7234

The summary is:

Charging over micro-usb limit the amount of current supplied to the TPT, so it does not charge as fast as it can. In fact, it's possible to use so much power that the drain is higher than the amount of power supplied to the device (So you can run out of battery plugged in!)

No software updates will ever change this. If charge speed is important, plunk down the $20 and get the dock.

Paper Tape
taeuschkoerper

Yeah, that is a useable solution but unfortunatly the dock costs 80€ in germany.
Punch Card
Heddal

I have used the app JuiceDefender with success. My lenovo with ICS now holds the charge for some days. Set profile to agressive.

Blue Screen Again
ahkit

It took 12hours to charge my pics tpt(row) and by the time I want to use it at night it down to 11℅ without any usage. Before he upgrade my tpt can last about 3-4days of usage before need to charge