Support in other languages: 
802.11n
splotz

Re: GPS - TPT Acquiring Satellites Bug

[ Edited ]

I reseted the A-GPS data (with "gps status") and let "gps test" find a fix by itself.

Wireless and 3g disabled (flightmode).

After one minute it had a fix with 4 satellites.

My update: 76_WE

Kind regards,

splotz

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

SCSI Port
sonex293

This weekend I tried using some navigation software with the TPT while out and about.  The application I'm using is called Naviator (an aviation moving map application).  While still at home and in range of a WiFi connection, I ran GPS Essentials and waited until I got a good fix.  I then closed GPS Essentials and ran Naviator and got a lock.  I went flying for a few hours and the application ran fine, it would loose GPS lock every once in awhile, but whould always come back.  At lunch-time I took the tablet with me, allowing the tablet to go into suspend mode.  When I brought it out of suspend I could never get the GPS to re-aquire.  I gave it about 10 minutes, but needed to leave.  I had a Bluetooth GPS and switched over to using it for the remainder of the trip.  With the BT GPS I never lost satellite lock and it worked the rest of the day.  So, far the GPS is my only and MAJOR complaint with the TPT.

---

Michael

WWAN
pghFL

Splotz - using your exact method (same programs and steps) , no wifi or 3G (duh), it took five full minutes to get a fix. :-/
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
SCSI Port
wosto

Just a general comment.... "GPS Test" can also reset and download AGPS data, it's at the top of the page within the Settings.

WWAN
pghFL

Right. I did the assist this morning, trying to test.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Retired Employee
JameZ

@wosto,

Appreciate if you can drop me a private message with the following so I can get a case going with engineering since the 0075 OTA did not help.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
S/N:
MTM:
Firmware: (full firmware number pls)
Average GPS lock time:

GPS settings: -

Use Wireless Networks: Ticked?
Use GPS Satellites: Ticked?
Use location for Google Search: Ticked?

Or are you using GPS Satellites only?

I personally do not have a ThinkPad Tablet thus am unable to test the items you guys are discussing about.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

SCSI Port
wosto

@JameZ
Thank you for taking an interest in this! The PM has been sent.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help bring a timely resolution!

Retired Employee
JameZ

@wosto,

case has been escalated on the 11th Nov. Sorry I did not post back. Engineering are working on it.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

SCSI Port
egilwh

I have exactly the same problem as descirbed by Wosto on my 64GB 3G TPT with latest update 076_WE.
I tested the TPT on a long drive (8 hours) in Norway this weekend, and it failed miserably compared to my Nokia N900. I run the Sygic navapp on both devices.
The TPT failed to get a fix most of the time, and when it did, it lost it again within minutes.
TPT 64GB 3G - 18382DG - 00132_WE
Laptop X200
Laptop X41
Punch Card
gillan

Same problem here in Germany. Really bad GPS. My Nexus works wonderful and it's not a super gps device...