Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
niksch

Re: GPS - TPT Acquiring Satellites Bug

Maybe this has been asked before, but is there a way to change the location to where the servers point?
WWAN
pghFL

Yes. With root, which we don't have yet.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Token Ring
niksch

That's what I thought.
WWAN
pghFL

Just tried again. No fix at all now. Never. Now I'm seriously po'd.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Token Ring
niksch

You'd think this could be resolved in a quick update. Would probably be easy. This has probably been mentioned before too.
WWAN
pghFL

Yes. They did an update but no fix for this. :-/
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Token Ring
niksch

[ Edited ]

I know, but it seems to me they could push a quick update rather than wait for the mass update that was mentioned for Jan/Feb. I know this has probably been mentioned too, just throwing in my two cents.

WWAN
pghFL

I completely agree, and I've been cutting Lenovo a lot of slack, but my patience has worn thin, at last.

I went from 5 or 10 minutes for a fix, to less than a minute for a fix, and now no fix at all. Extremely aggravating.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Token Ring
niksch

[ Edited ]

I should say that I didn't get the TPT for GPS since this is primarily for work and my work is in a big steel and concrete building, so i'll never get a signal inside.  However, I do support those who want all the "stuff" on this TPT to work.

So this is unbelievable.  I decided to test mine again having never been able to get a fix.  Set it out on the table on my condo's patio, and I got a fix in less than two minutes.  Accurate to within 200 meters, but the location was about 400 meters from my place. Clear skies, no wind.

So I thought, this must be a fluke.  I shut it down and restarted it and did it over again.  In less than five minutes, it gets a couple satellites, but still no firm lock, and it tells me I am at a location about 2 miles (1.2 Km) from my place.  Interesting. After 15 minutes, no firm lock, so I went into settings and cleared the cache.  Will start over and report back.

Edited to add: Clearing the cache got me a complete fix in about a minute.  Said accuracy was within 10 meters, but the location was still over 800 meters from where I really was.  Not sure what all this means.

WWAN
pghFL

Are you using GPS only, no wifi? When I got my quick fixes I was and now I've lost the capability. I keep clearing my cache so I know if I have a true fix or not - mostly not, now, but it was great for that one day.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO