all reviewers are disappointed .
just look its 5.4 score in The Verge
http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/15/3243546/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-review

On to the next.

HDMI
404science

Re: Galaxy Note - another reason to buy it, KNO textbooks

[ Edited ]

That review worries me. Mostly the sluggishness. Couldn't care less about the rest, I just want a good stylus and a powerful machine.

The TPT out of the box sucks pretty bad too (Notes Mobile?!? come on)

You have to take the time to find the right apps that work for you. A faster tablet with a better pen is all I need. But if it's slow, well... not good.

Either way, I wonder what the TPT would get if that got a 5.4... if it's less than 5.4 then that's an upgrade in my books.

Skeptical about the win8 tablets, or anything windows for that matter (dropped windows years ago, rather use Linux).

Punch Card
siggehandf

Seems to me like Samsung has done, what they have done so many times before. Filled the device up with their own crap, which makes the whole thing lag (Was the same with the first galaxy 10.1, which I owned). 

Based on what I saw in that video, i'll take the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet any day of the week... Once it turns on, it actually works pretty well. The only problem is waiting for it to turn on or having one of those (many recently) times were the tablet refuses to turn on and you have to hold the power button for 10 seconds, which is really awesome if the tablet is encrypted... *Growls*

Anyways, the good foks at XDA will most likely fix the Samsung tablet into something very cool, since Samsung mostly always allow roots to happen *Cough*Lenovo*Cough*..

Punch Card
bchau

I wouldn't worry too much about so-called review from Verge, Engadget, CNet, etc. They are all very pro Apple. These days I read those mainly for the readers comments which I found quite funny at times. For review, I like GSMArena which in general give very comprehensive review. Event their preview of Galaxy Note is much more indepth than others:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_10_1-review-795.php

802.11n
splotz

Re: Galaxy Note 10.1

[ Edited ]

@ sluggishness of the screen

Tablets: TPT, Momo9

When playing around with a CPU setting app I switched it to max. power " all the time",

and all was totally fluent. 

Even on a cheap single core tablet i had this experience.

So its only a setting of priorties. And it only costs Battery.

Something lenovo seemed to have changed in  the past, too.

(Normaly the tablet steps the CPU down when no power is needed to save battery, there are different settings possible)

(For the app root is needed, I used "no frills CPU control" switched to "performance", on the momo9 to "fantasy" which stepd down too, but waits longer to do so), 

@ Galaxy Note 10.1 

Other videos on youtube said it was very fluent, I would like to see it with my own eyes.

Comparing all the time apples with pears like a lot pages do, is stupid. 

ed.:

Apples are for people who dont know other fruits, juices, fruitsalad or fruitseasons or are shortsighted. 

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Ctrl-Alt-Del
wleesee

[ Edited ]

Whoa,  how did this article get past the editors?  A  bias review if I have ever read one.  Every point they wrote needed to be overwritten by a negative (no matter how weak the negative point was).  

Points it was making:

-Good stylus, works well.  Couldn't find a negative point there. This is what all of us are after... (oh, that's right... it isn't as integrated as the Note phablet...... )

- Made huge point that OCR doesn't work perfectly (but that is with every single computer, big deal??)...

- Made another huge point that Samsung software set up is for the novice user.  So what, disable it....

- Starts very fast but gets slower with time.  Only valid point and could be concerning... suspect a memory optimiztion app could easily rectify this.  Memory leak with initial version

- Doesn't come with chrome. Isn't this to be expected, it comes with ice cream sandwich!

Resolution - Not as strong as the iPad 3, therefore it is bad.  Still beter then most and they neglected to mention this is why it's battery life on the note 10.1 is substantially superior to the iPad3's....  (from memory the Ipad3's battery life is atually poorer then the iPad 2's, despite the bigger battery)

So how did they get to their score of 5.4/10.  They must have subtracted serous marks for these weak points.  Of course if it had a apple label, I'd be curious to see what marks it would get.

ICS Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet - Stability - Great || Functionality - Great || Stylus - So-so... Not for serious work (Palm Rejection Issues)
Lenovo - Please fix the stylus!!
HDMI
vijil

For me the screen res being the same and the apps being no different along with not having a pen only mode etc. mean the gnote is already below the tpt on some levels. Now that we know the multi tasking only works with a set of crappy Samsung apps and is laggy anyway, it's a no buy especially at that price. That's all stuff that holds true regardless of reviewer bias. The only thing that really bothers me about the tpt these days is the slow charge. Also micro usb ports are terrible, but that's true of every device with them.

Will wait and see what windows8 tablets are like.
802.11n
splotz

[ Edited ]

Does your pen work flawlessly ?

Wondering if the GN10.1 Pen does...

ed.:

FullHD playing and Quadcore is a word for me, 

I would like to try LectureNotes on it :smileyhappy:

A light for the camera is also usefull, as _loud_-speakers, too

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

HDMI
vijil

Tiny speakers are always going to sound crap and quiet. Just use headphones. I can't handle the sound of small speakers so doesn't bother me if they're crap since I never use them.

My stylus is near flawless, yep. Especially in pen only mode.