Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
FDP
Token Ring
FDP
Accepted Solution

Gmail App. Currently Malfunctioning? NOT SOLVED!!!

[ Edited ]

Does anyone else find that the Gmail app is going haywire after you search through your past e-mails? After the search results populate on the left hand side of the screen, the right hand portion reserved for e-mail preview will flicker green, then after a few seconds I will be kicked back to my inbox. Also some e-mails never load, I just get the blue circle of boredom. 

Guessing this is all Google, but I have absolutely no way of knowing...

HDMI
Planemaker

Re: Gmail App. Currently Malfunctioning?

[ Edited ]

FDP wrote:

Does anyone else find that the Gmail app is going haywire after you search through your past e-mails? After the search results populate on the left hand side of the screen, the right hand portion reserved for e-mail preview will flicker green, then after a few seconds I will be kicked back to my inbox. Also some e-mails never load, I just get the blue circle of boredom. 

Guessing this is all Google, but I have absolutely no way of knowing...

Do yourself a favor and download K-9 email and bail on Google Gmail

Punch Card
bharm0

I am also experiencing the same problem. It only happens when I select a sub folder /label Any ideas Lenovo reps?
Punch Card
DuaneAA

I am having severe problems with gmail and google docs.

I had this old bluetooth fold up keyboard lying around (Think Outside brand), so I tried pairing it to the slate.  Surprisingly, it paired up fine and works okay with 'docs to go' and with all of the handful of websites I have tried (facebook and a few others) EXCEPT it doesn't work with gmail or google docs.  And I can't get the on-screen keyboard to come up for these sites either.  It seems very bizarre it works everywhere else, but not at these specific sites.

I would appreciate any suggestions,

Duane

FDP
Token Ring
FDP

Thanks for the K9 recommendation. My only worry there is a known bug with K9 that can prematurely send emails (described on market). I can't afford to have that happen with work email. Gmail works fantastically on my phone and on other tablets. Seems like this should be a priority fix for Lenovo/Google, as it's one of the flagship applications on Android.
Punch Card
rhillson

Yes same problem here. Sometimes its okay sometimes it goes haywire with flickering green area.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
pato128

Was anybody able to figure out how to fix this issue? I tried searching my old email today and gmail just goes into a loop of displaying the results and reloading again and again. This functionality had worked fine even using my old G1. Is there a problem with the app for honeycomb in general or just with this device? Any suggestions? For multiple reasons I can't really stop using gmail at this point.

Thank you

HDMI
Planemaker

Can't stop using gmail or can't stop using your gmail account.

I have not had any issues at all with gmail

Ctrl-Alt-Del
pato128

I can use my gmail account just fine and I do receive emails using gmail, but the search function for gmail does not work and behaves as it was described above by other users. What I meant is that I am not willing to switch to a different email provider as it was suggested before, so I was hoping somebody found a work around.
Planemaker, is your search function for gmail working correctly?
Punch Card
froader

Same problem here.

Hopefully a new system update is close with a fix included.