Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
simplehuy

Re: Gmail App. Currently Malfunctioning?

Hello. Anybody knows how to fix it ? I still face the search issue which limits my work a lot. Thanks and appreciate
Token Ring
Thjalfi

The gmail problem is fixed by updating your tablet.

To fix your update problem, I believe you can go to "Apps -> Downloads" then find something that looks like a system update file and delete it from the list. Then do "Check for update" again and it should download and install the update. I had the same problem, you can find other threads on it in the forum as well. 

When someone is helpful to you, thank them by giving them a kudo. 18382BG ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_WE
Paper Tape
simplehuy

Thanks Thjalfi,
The issue was fixes after update. Exactly i went to setting/storage/download and delete all the files named updates***. Then I can do the update.

You helped me out. Appreciate.
FDP
Token Ring
FDP

[ Edited ]

Thanks to Thajalfi for the advice on upgrading, this will help with some of the issues and his/her instructions on getting around the update bugs are great, but sorry this is still NOT SOLVED. Search is less buggy (e.g. it now jumps around between results instead of kicking back to main screen, and is 90% usable) but I can still not attach files to e-mails. Since what I really wanted to use the TPT for was marking up and sending PDF files, these bugs are still showstoppers! 

FDP
Token Ring
FDP

[ Edited ]

Just to confirm, I did not mark this as solved, the moderator did.

Token Ring
Thjalfi

[ Edited ]

You can send PDFs by sharing them out of your PDF app - depending on the app, click on "share" or "send (to)" and choose "Google mail" from the list. Most apps support this functionality.

Of course, I do see the problem with attaching arbitrary files, especially to an email you are already in the process of writing. But to be fair, with a little foresight the above described way will probably help you in 95% of the cases.

By the way, your original post only addressed some bugs in Google mail, these problems are actually solved. Not being able to attach arbitrary files to an email is not necessarily a bug, but might as well be intended.

When someone is helpful to you, thank them by giving them a kudo. 18382BG ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_WE
SCSI Port
h16h

Which update fixed this issue?

What is the most current US firmware right now 075 or 076?

Token Ring
niksch

I tried to attach a PDF last night, (created in Quill), and it look like it was attached, but it was not. :-/

FDP
Token Ring
FDP

thjalfi, you are incorrect, all gmail attachment functionality, including send to app, is broken on the TPT. This is absolutely a bug, and unique to the TPT in my experience. This thread is asking Lenovo to fix gmail functionality on the TPT, which is currently a joke.
Token Ring
Thjalfi

I do not see your problem, because I just sent a PDF using Gmail on the TPT. I opened the PDF in Adobe Reader, clicked the "send" button and chose "Google mail" from the list. The mail was sent and received with the PDF attached.

Maybe this does not work directly out of Quill, but I think that then is a problem with Quill, not directly with Gmail.