Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Divvy

HDMI not working with external monitor

[ Edited ]

I purchased a mini-hdmi cable to output a copy of my thinkpad's screen to my monitor.  It worked once just fine, but I haven't gotten it to work ever since.  The monitor just does not detect a signal.  I have made sure the external monitor setting is on in the settings too.

802.11n
Volker1

Re: HDMI not working with external monitor

Just as a data point, works for me. Maybe try a different monitor to isolate the problem?

Fanfold Paper
Reuven007

I had a similar problem, where the HDMI worked with some trasmissions (YouTube), but not Netflix. I send the Tablet in for service and they are replacing the motherboard.

SCSI Port
ybrevic

My problem is that it does seems to work when directly connected to a TV with a HDMI input port.  However, an external monitor does not seem to get a signal using a HDMI-DVI adapter.  Am I missing something here?

Blue Screen Again
cjwilber

I suspect that the problem is due to hdcp. Input to a device with a HDMI port works because it understands about the protection. The dvi port on your monitor will in all probability not handle the content protection built in to hdmi.
Token Ring
steinAK

Just checking, but are you using an HDMI *TO* DVI and not a DVI *TO* HDMI adaptor? They are one-direction only but available for both options.
802.11n
p600

Is the option to enable external display output on?

It's working here HDMI Mini -> HDMI cable here, but outputs to 720p only, so 800px vertical pixels are resized to 720, then upsized again to 1080 pixels, and the result is quite mushy with lots of artefacts. Probably okay for some presentations / video, rather poor for slideshows / working on external monitor etc.

Perhaps there is a setting to enforce 1080p, but I haven't found it.

SCSI Port
ybrevic

That could be it.  I'm using Monoprice #2029 which seems to be DVI to HDMI.  I'll look for another connector.

Thanks.

Paper Tape
carolynusa

I am getting video but no audio when I connect my tablet to an external monitor using an HDMI cable. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.