Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
pasper
Accepted Solution

HELP and WARNING: Exhange ActiveSync Account disables WiFi, Bluetooth, Cam and USB by Default !

It you establish a new Exhanche ActiveSync Business Account Connection the Provisioning System of the Lenovo TPT disables WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera and USB Connections, even it is not caused by the Provisioning Server of the company. I trink Lenovo has to fix this emitiatly or give us the opportunity to Chance the Profile settings of the Provisioning Manager in the TPT.

LENOVO PLEASE FIX THAT OR LET US DEINSTALL YOUR SECURITY SYSTEM WHICH DISABLES NEEDED FUNCTION TO BE ABLE TO WORK ON THE TPT.

By deleting the Exchange Account the functions are enabled again, but it id Not possible TO you use the EAS Business Account as it should BE!

Of there will BE no fix the TPT us useless.......

Best regards,
Pasper
Ctrl-Alt-Del
pasper

Re: HELP and WARNING: Exhange ActiveSync Account disables WiFi, Bluetooth, Cam and USB by Default !

Quick Solution from myself:

you have to change in the following file with the name 'yourname.lenovoconfig' in second row the uuid, which you can see under settings / location and security / Configuration Profiles. The uuid is the long alphanumerical code of the settings which has been installed by the exchange server. You are able to change also th eDevice Settings above, I blocked for instance Dataroaming.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<lenovoconfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="lenovoconfig.xsd" uuid="xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx">

<Header> <DisplayName>Sample policy</DisplayName> <Author></Author> <Source>Manual</Source> <AllowUserRemove>yes</AllowUserRemove> <RebootOnApply>no</RebootOnApply> </Header>

<LenovoConfigSettings>

</LenovoConfigSettings>

<LenovoPolicySettings>

<DeviceControl> <Camera>Allow</Camera> <SDCardSlot>Allow</SDCardSlot> <Mic>Allow</Mic> <Bluetooth>Allow</Bluetooth> <DataRoaming>Block</DataRoaming> <USBPort>Allow</USBPort> <MicroUSBPort>Allow</MicroUSBPort> <SDCardSlot>Allow</SDCardSlot> <UnknownSources>Allow</UnknownSources> <USBDebugging>Allow</USBDebugging> <Wifi>Allow</Wifi> <HDMI>Allow</HDMI> <Tethering>Allow</Tethering> <Hotspot>Allow</Hotspot> </DeviceControl>

</LenovoPolicySettings>

<AndroidPolicySettings>

</AndroidPolicySettings>

</lenovoconfig>

What you have to do step by step:

1. Setup the Exchange Account

2. Note the uuid from the Exchange Server in the settings down

3. Delete the Exchange Account

4. Adapt the uuid and your Settings in above Sourcecode and send it to your Lenovo over email - for instance your googlemail.

5. Click on the lenovoconfig File and the Lenovo-Profilmanager will install it

6. Again connect to your Exchange Server.

7. Now everything should work how you set it up Lenovo Support holds a sample file with all setting possibilities which could be very usefull. My Settings are only a small Setup to come around the Problem. Hope to here Form everyone i have been able to help.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
pasper

Re: HELP and WARNING: Exhange ActiveSync Account disables WiFi, Bluetooth, Cam and USB by Default !

[ Edited ]

Only a solution for the Moment....... quick and helpful.... but the Problem still there from Lenovo side?!

Core Memory
jpmmuc

pasper wrote:

Quick Solution from myself:

you have to change in the following file with the name 'yourname.lenovoconfig' in second row the uuid, which you can see under settings / location and security / Configuration Profiles. The uuid is the long alphanumerical code of the settings which has been installed by the exchange server.

Thank you so much for this "simple" solution. I have asked the same question as you 3 month ago, but found no solution. The only answer in the forum  was to use another mailclient.

Jpmmuc.

What's DOS?
gaurav_kat

Thanks a lot for the help! Awesome!

Any idea when the fix from Lenovo is coming?
Ctrl-Alt-Del
pasper

haven 't  heard  anything  lenovo 

best greetings, 

pasper 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
pasper

freue mich das ich dir helfen konnte. 

besten gruss ,

pasper