Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
dul747
Accepted Solution

How to update my ThinkPad Tablet

Hi Everyone,

I need to know how can i update my ThinkPad Tablet or check if its got new updates, As we all know all other device has an application where you can check, iTunes, Kies..... is ther any application for ThinkPad Tablet?

Thank you very much for helping me !!

SCSI Port
egilwh

Re: How to update my ThinkPad Tablet

Try to check in Settings, bottom of the menu you should have "About device" or something similar. The top item on next meny level should be System Updates where you can check.

For installed applications, you can see under installed applications/order history/My Apps in Lenovo Appstore or in Android Market, depending on where you installed from.

TPT 64GB 3G - 18382DG - 00132_WE
Laptop X200
Laptop X41
Paper Tape
dul747

Thank you for the information...

I just did what you mentioned but when I press on ''Start to check new version'' i get nothing... start downloading .. Then nothing happened, dose that mean no updates found?

Regarding the application.. i ment PC application something like iTunes for apple...

do we have PC application for our ThinkPad Tablet?

Thank you !

SCSI Port
egilwh

It might be that you have to remove a temp file from the "disk". However, what version are you on? If it's 076_WE, you don't need to upgrade (at least until Friday) :smileyhappy:

When I connect the TPT to my pc, there is a dialogue that opens, but It's nothing like iTunes (THANK GOD). I'm not sure if you can see your SW version there, probably not.

TPT 64GB 3G - 18382DG - 00132_WE
Laptop X200
Laptop X41
Punch Card
futzy

Yes, 76 is the latest version for your area (but I believe WE OTA2 is being deployed on the 20th alongside the US version.)

I just tried the update option under about tablet to see what kind of message it would give me since I am already updated. No message, it just does nothing and times out.

Your update version is the last few characters of the Build Number under About Tablet.

HDMI
mtalinm

I could not get my TPT to update using the update option undera bout tablet. I had to go to the cryptic URL, download the upgrade onto an SD card, boot to recovery mode, and install fromthere.

just another thing I hate about this tablet
WWAN
pghFL

I updated mine the same way. No big deal. Love my TPT.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
SCSI Port
d_lane

I agree.  I'd MUCH rather use the URL and "update.zip" rather than via OTA.  I'm glad they have that option available.

HDMI
mtalinm

you'd rather do it that way, why? I found it a royal PITA
WWAN
pghFL

Different perspectives. I don't find it to be a PITA at all. That's how I update my phone, too.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO