Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
FLSHWND

Re: ICS is not an upgrade, it is a downgrade

I'mrunning lecture notes with auto brightness, wifi on, autosync on , bluetooth, gps and hdmi out off.
I did a full restore after I upgraded to ics if that does matter.
802.11n
splotz

[ Edited ]

Lens_flare wrote:
>> give them the option to download beta releases to test them
that's what Lenovo doing :smileyvery-happy:
OTA 3 is that "beta", for US they will fix smth, then US becomes beta-testers, and then we-ROW users getting an upgrade that deserves a "final" status, so release will be at end of june.

lol, thats true...

only we dont get any feedback of them what the update should "fix" and what they are doing.

Its like writing it in the sky, hoping someone from lenovo software workers will read it or get told it by lenovo officials...

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Fanfold Paper
n1234

Lens_flare wrote:
>> give them the option to download beta releases to test them
that's what Lenovo doing :smileyvery-happy:
OTA 3 is that "beta", for US they will fix smth, then US becomes beta-testers, and then we-ROW users getting an upgrade that deserves a "final" status, so release will be at end of june.
I thought all of the Updated were the same, Lenovo is just releasing it at different time for part of the world. The US update already started the certification process so Lenovo can't really change anything.
Token Ring
Thjalfi

I'm always happy to bash the TPT and Lenovo's approach, but I do have to say, ICS came with some improvements. Granted, some are things that you would expect to function properly in the first place and there also some things that got worse, but it's not all bad.

Improvements:

+ Google Maps has not crashed, yet, where before it would crash constantly. It was unusable.

+ There is mouse-over with the pen in Opera and the standard browser. This is fantastic! I can not say for sure if it wasn't there in Honeycomb, because I just discovered it.

Impairments:

- It takes longer for the tablet to wake up, up to 4 or 5 seconds until the screen turns on after the power button is pressed.

- Pen pressure is broken. It is still there, but it is so soft that I am constantly the maximum pressure. It wasn't like that before. 

When someone is helpful to you, thank them by giving them a kudo. 18382BG ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_WE
HDMI
mtalinm

+ Google Maps has not crashed, yet, where before it would crash constantly. It was unusable.

well that'll be a relief.

Fanfold Paper
ah2bahn

What the joke is everyone has been complaining Lenovo has been slow in getting the ICS upgrade. Over the last 6 months nothing but complaints despite the fact that every other Tablet that has been upgraded to ICS has had nothing but issues. This has been well documented on the web for the last 8 months.

Now that the upgrade is hear there is nothing but complaints again.

I think this is great as everyone that download the upgrade got what they deserved and asked for, ICS with known issues. If they did not research ICS and tablet issues then they are just plain ignorant as anyone with any sense would research an OS before installing it.   Enjoy what you waited for so impatiently! Personally I am not upgrading until the compatablity issues are resolved.

Fanfold Paper
ah2bahn

The Asus transformer prime tablet which is a great tablet is actually having more issues with ICS the Lenovo thinkpad tablet. This has been gong on for over 6 months without improvement!
802.11n
splotz

Where can I find this Information ?

I would like to see which problems they have. 

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Punch Card
mlucksin

I googled...here's one article. There are many older ones. This one's from April. I didn't see anything recent stating the issues had been resolved, so I assume they may still be there.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/tablets/3354004/asus-releases-another-transformer-ics-update/

Fanfold Paper
ah2bahn

This is exactly why Lenovo has been slow releasing ICS upgrade. It has to be tweeked to work smoothly with the tablet or the same stablity issues that are happening on other tablets will happen on the TPT. I imagine there will be many updates to the original ICS release for the TPT to smooth out the quirks as they become more recognized by users..