Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
gurila
Accepted Solution

Interested in WRITING, not Note taking :)

after reading the thread (at least until page 8 out of 10- that thing is LONG and slips offtopic a little) about note taking

I saw one message about "tight writing" but little more...

can i take a PDF and put a lot of tight small squiggly notes on it?

(no need to OCR just write a lot)

and

can i take a PDF (or jpg) of a report and on that background and fill masses of small text?

is the n-trig accurate enough?

apriciate the massive help

(and the internet :smileyhappy: :manvery-happy:

Token Ring
wolfindersteppe

Re: Interested in WRITING, not Note taking :)

ezPDF Reader for PDFs . Skitch for JPGs. Writing this posting using freehand to text recognition by Myscript Stylus.
ThinkPad W520, i7-2820 CPU, 32GB RAM, NVidia Quadro 2000M 2GB GPU , mSATA Samsung Evo 840 1TB + 2x Samsung SSD Evo 840 1TB & Lenovo Helix i7 8GB RAM & ThinkPad W540, i7-4800MQ, 32 GB RAM, NVidia Quador K1100M, OS on M.2 2240 Transcend MTS400 256GB + 2x Samsung SSD Evo 840 1TB
HDMI
mpad

@wolfindersteppe: where did you find Myscript Stylus? can't seem to locate it on the market an I'm still looking for alternatives to crappy notes mobile.

Punch Card
Techkidd4400

I saw Myscript Stylus in the Lenovo app store. Please tell us whether this is a quality app. After my trial and error, I am doubtful of many of these apps.
Token Ring
wolfindersteppe

[ Edited ]

@mpad and @Techkidd4400 - my first impression was totally disappointment, see here http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Note-Taking-Apps/td-p/530355/page/10

If I would have been a 08/15 user, I would immediately turn down this app and would start yelling to get my money back. BTW, this app is also a little bit expensive, $16 or € 10.

But, being techie (and not seeing the easy way how to get my money back - emailing to company producing it?) I pushed my self to hard training and after a 2 days I am becoming faster and faster and getting used on that, now it is "OK" for me.

It is like weight training - most people do not like others having more muscles that themselves and it is hard to start the training and keep it going on but on the end, the endurance will be awarded.

ThinkPad W520, i7-2820 CPU, 32GB RAM, NVidia Quadro 2000M 2GB GPU , mSATA Samsung Evo 840 1TB + 2x Samsung SSD Evo 840 1TB & Lenovo Helix i7 8GB RAM & ThinkPad W540, i7-4800MQ, 32 GB RAM, NVidia Quador K1100M, OS on M.2 2240 Transcend MTS400 256GB + 2x Samsung SSD Evo 840 1TB
Fanfold Paper
Ingeniero

Hi, I tested the app and really the recognition is quite good. I'm using evernote and the app to write (Basically this app Stylus Mobile change the keyboard for an input panel), First I did was to look into the TUTORIAL to understand how it works and there is a video of the app where you can see as well how it works.
Then I can use any app on the device who needs input and use the input panel to write with the stylus.
Fanfold Paper
Ingeniero

I used the note taking app included (yes is not the perfect one) but I can import one image and then annotate the image, inn this case for my I'm using a jpg picture upload to my device using USB mass storag and then import it from the note taking app and do the drawing pen to annotate using red color then I can sent out via image to evernote.
Punch Card
flipped

The small squiggly factor, which is key for writing and notetaking for me, is what is going to make or break this device. I'm getting my pen in today (finally!) and will report back.

802.11n
splotz

[ Edited ]

@wolfindersteppe

Would you have spend the money for MyScript Stylus Mobile and "train" yourself on the app, when you would have know it better before?

How about the palm recognition ? Is it working ?

(edited for better sense) 

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Ctrl-Alt-Del
gurila

EXACTLY... small and squiggly...

has the pen arrived yet?

I'll worry about making my notes readable to others AFTER I can actually put then to....errr... can't say "paper"... can I?!

seriouly... can u get squiggly enough? :smileyhappy: