Support in other languages: 
HDMI
404science

Re: Is TPT worth buying?

no one said they wont add it.  how long did you wait for pen only mode with the tpt? give it time, its been a few weeks.  

Token Ring
jchammerpants

MaxBuck wrote:

From what I can see, the lack of a pen-only mode on the Galaxy Note would make it worthless for me, since that is something I need for markups of pdfs in the field.

Hey, Max.

I can't speak to your specific needs, but I can tell you that I have had no problems with palm rejection on the GNote.  

There is not a system-wide setting for "pen only," but apps ignore touch input when the stylus is sensed.  I've tested it a few times by drawing an ink line with my finger, then touching the stylus to the screen with my other hand.  The touch recognition ceases until I lift both my finger and the stylus from the screen to try again.

A few times when I lifted the stylus well off the screen to think for a few seconds my wrist has caused the clock/settings menu to pop up, but I quickly learned to just not lift my stylus quite so far from screen.  The tablet can detect the stylus to a range of about an inch.

JC

802.11n
splotz

Lenovo increased it on the TPT too, after beeing recognized (1cm or so) it was also a couple of centimeters until it didnt see the pen any more.

Do you have stil the tpt and can compare it ?

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

802.11n
ameridian

What happens if you lose your pen or it stops working when in "pen only" mode? Is there a back door other than factory reset?

Paper Tape
madman1324

Betreff: Is TPT worth buying?

"Is TPT worth buying?" No it's not (unless you love to pay for being a beta tester)
Token Ring
jchammerpants

ameridian wrote:

What happens if you lose your pen or it stops working when in "pen only" mode? Is there a back door other than factory reset?

For the TPT, I'm not sure.  Does the pen-only mode turn off each time it reboots?  Hope so!

For the GNote, its not an issue.  While the tip of the stylus is detected by the screen, touch input is not recognized.  But if the stylus is lost (which would mean it was more than an inch from the screen and out of detection range!) then touch would be recognized.

The S-Note app on the GNote has a pen-only mode, but even in pen-only mode the button that toggles pen-only or not will recognize touch.  The pen-only mode actually only is effective on the writing area of the S-Note program, so that in split-screen with the browser or another program opened, I could still use touch to control them.

JC

Punch Card
froader

NO NO NO!
HELL NO - ITS NOT WORTH BUYING!
Get the Galaxy Note 10.1 or wait for MS Surface to be released.
Just read ALL the NEGATIVE post of super frustrated owners here, not to mention the horror stories of the warranty process in the US. There are even legitimate warranty claims that are straight denied!
Is this tablet a scam? Sure feels that way.
Fanfold Paper
skkayman

seems like many of you changed my mind and I won't buy TPT :smileytongue:

But I am not sure what else to buy :smileysad: Galaxy Note 10.1 looks fine as the pen is great :smileyvery-happy: but it doesn't have full SD slot and adapter/reduction is not very practical for me.. aand, reviews are not very note10.1 positive :smileyfrustrated: http://goo.gl/7rMb1

So probably I will forget my dream with tablet with pen and buy new Sony Xperia Tablet S (Tegra 3, SD slot, waterresistant?, Playstation games) or Toshiba AT300 (Excite 10 in US, Tegra 3, SD slot)

802.11n
ameridian

[ Edited ]

jchammerpants wrote:
For the TPT, I'm not sure.  Does the pen-only mode turn off each time it reboots?  Hope so!

~

By pen-only mode I was referring to the global setting on the TPT, not similar individual app settings. I've never had any reason to use it since the app settings work just fine.

No, a reboot does not turn it off and IIRC, there's no recovery option that addresses that other than a factory reset. I can see why a touch switch was used for control since it was an after thought based on user requests, but it's something that begs for a hard switch if it has to affect every touch switch.

Punch Card
ron2k_1

[ Edited ]

MaxBuck wrote:

From what I can see, the lack of a pen-only mode on the Galaxy Note would make it worthless for me, since that is something I need for markups of pdfs in the field.

The G Note has Wacom and unless they made an exception with this tablet then you don't need to turn off touch.  It will be redundant... Wacom technology automatically turns off touch as soon as the pen is within about an inch (1") from the screen.  If you want to use touch then you need to set the pen a lil away (more than 1 inch) from the tablet.

MaxBuck wrote:

The Fujitsu tablet PC is the only other thing I see on the market that could take the place of the TPT for my needs, but it's costly - about $1,000 - and has a measly Atom processor.

I just bought the Samsung 7 Series for $1200+.  It has an Intel i5 core processor and 4GB of RAM; this thing has power.  If you buy right now from the Microsoft Store, you get huge discounts on the upcoming Win8, and a relatively good discount on MS Office if you want it installed on the Machine (the slate is full windows).  And to top off they give you a free 4GB XBOX, which you can sell if you don't want it and get some dollars back on your purchase.

I had my TPT for around 7 months as well, and I didn't buy it for cheap, including taxes I paid around $800 for my 32GB Wifi version + accessories (to make it worse, this was my first Android experience and I bought a lot of apps from the Lenovo app store, which I cannot transfer to my next Android Tablet).  And 7 months later, my guy got it for next to nothing...  If it's not iCrap, electronics have a really bad resale value here in these parts.

Last night I ordered from Amazone a 32GB G Note.  I know I will enjoy this one and hopefully avoid some of the issues I had with my TPT.