Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SCSI Port
tzhang4284

Lenovo: what is the real cause of shipping delay + when is the next software patch coming?

Lenovo - it'd be great to get some explanation on what was the cause of the thinkpad tablet shipping delay. I think it's ridiculous how you blatantly ignored your direct order customers and prioritized your resellers where they have a lot of inventory and you have zero inventory on hand. The lack of communications has been pretty bad on this.

I went to a nearby university computer store and they had stacks of Thinkpad tablets on hand while you couldn't ship one to a customer who ordered it until yesterday. By the time you shipped my system (which wouldn't come until a month after I preordered it), I've already bought a unit from said computer store (I almost picked up an ipad instead...almost) and now you've made it impossible for me to cancel my original order. I now have to wait till it ships to me, pick it up and then return it to you. Thank you for wasting my time because that's what you do to your valued customers.

I think you have a handful of formerly loyal and now disgruntled customers on your hand over this experience. Business 101 says that transparency and communications is the best practice here. It'd be great for an explanation of why it happened. While you're at it, could you please let us know when the next software patch is coming cause there's clearly issues such as random battery drains due to nonexistent 3G radios and Honeycomb 3.2. I don't need a date but knowing that you guys are actually going to support this beyond the initial sale will go a long way to restoring goodwill.

HDMI
deadday

Re: Lenovo: what is the real cause of shipping delay + when is the next software patch coming?

Indeed
SCSI Port
krishnajames

Re: Lenovo: what is the real cause of shipping delay + when is the next software patch coming?

or in the words of Ned Flanders...."Yes indeedilly doodly!"

WWAN
pghFL

I agree. Full disclosure on the shipping issue would help, and the next patch would be welcome.

===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Punch Card
chartmarker

I have asked for a answer from Lenovo for the cause of the delay and we keep after them until I get one. I have a right to know if they went to keep me and other I send to them as customers. All we see is DELAY, DELAY DELAY but nothing about why a delay and its not just happen with this Tablet.  Hello Lenovo do you hear us?

FDP
Token Ring
FDP

Have they even shipped yet? This was so badly handled that I've held off on ordering a new laptop from LD out of fear of a repeat experience.

SCSI Port
tzhang4284

Supposedly my thinkpad tablet (that I tried to cancel multiple times and will return) shipped but there's no label out yet.

Also, I'd like to add that the Motorola Xoom just got updated to honeycomb 3.2.1 so we should ABSOLUTELY get honeycomb 3.2. You have no excuse.

I agree - I'm heistant to order my laptops from them in the future if this is the new normal. I understand build to order takes longer for laptops but I really doubt Lenovo would keep Goldman Sachs waiting over a month for a product they ordered with no explanation like they did here for the thinkpad tablet. Just hope none of us that you screwed work at your large corporate clients in a decision-making role, you never know how much value you're losing in the long-term from screwing us.

Punch Card
lpasq

Must add to rant. I was so very dissapointed in how awful I was treated by the uninformed phone and chat robot people that lie time and time again reading a phony script. Unlike some of you. I did get a cancellation email after 7 attempts and chewing on some poor zombie on a keyboard. Worst tech experience ever. Really! Not just saying! Really! I am old enough to recall first digital watch and news stories of a thing called a micro chip shockingly shrinking in size to a quarter. These guys expect to sell millions of Android tablets to tech savvy end users? Hopefully resellers get good service on orders. I have a bad taste and it sours my TPT user experience on my device ultimately shipped in a day from Provantage. The UI is awefully intigrated with the display panel and N-trig. Bug, lag, and crash when seriously multitasking which is Androids strong suit and any Xoom owner with a decently developed kernel can attest to on any Honeycomb version. Can a company that sells hardware and boxed software develop Android at speed? What an experiment!!!
Blue Screen Again
karuppan

This is really frustrating fact that i should not buy a laptop anymore from lenovo. ordered on 10th and no updates so far. when ever i call the call centre , they say it will shipped anytime today. no response. we cant cancell the order as well. there will be lot of restocking fees.
This is really really bad experience ever i had.