Support in other languages: 
SCSI Port
justguy
Accepted Solution

Main USB port and dock

Anyone else tried the tablet dock and then plugging a device into main USB port?  It seems disabled.  Guess it is a power issue of some kind but seems strange.

I know there is a min-port at the back of the dock but it is not enabled for USB host mode.

Punch Card
Newthinker

Re: Main USB port and dock

I just plugged a thumb drive into it and it shows everything on it.
WWAN
pghFL

Did you try a restart? Mine's not working either. Will restart and try again.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
WWAN
pghFL

Restarted tablet while docked with usb in place and it is was recognized.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
802.11n
ameridian

pghFL wrote:
Restarted tablet while docked with usb in place and it is was recognized.

What is being referred to as the main USB port in the OP? Is it the full-size USB port on the TPT or on the dock?

If referring to the full-size USB port on the TPT then mine gets disabled when the TPT is docked. Restarting the TPT, with USB device still in place on the TPT, has no effect. Full size USB port on the dock works as expected.

Is my TPT/dock setup working normally or not?

WWAN
pghFL

Not sure about the OP, but my issue was neither USB working when docked. A reboot with it in place solved the problem.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
802.11n
ameridian

pghFL wrote:
Not sure about the OP, but my issue was neither USB working when docked. A reboot with it in place solved the problem.

Thanks, but something still isn't clear....Is it normal for the full-size port on the TPT to be disabled when docked?

I've never had any issues with the dock's USB ports but seem to recall a Lenovo rep suggesting that 3 USB ports are available when the TPT is docked. This was in response to someone complaining that the micro-USB port on the TPT is physically inaccessible when docked. I'm inclined to believe that the TPT can only handle 2 USB ports at any given time.

802.11n
splotz

I guess the USB on the tablet gets disabled, becuase its the same as in the dock.
Afair you can connect a Hub to the tablet USB, which gives you at least 4 ports.
____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

WWAN
pghFL

I couldn't get both to work. Only the one on the dock works for me once I dock it.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
802.11n
ameridian

splotz wrote:
I guess the USB on the tablet gets disabled, becuase its the same as in the dock.
Afair you can connect a Hub to the tablet USB, which gives you at least 4 ports.

Yeah, there's a KB folio mod along those lines here;

http://androidforums.com/lenovo-thinkpad-tablet/476458-keyboard-folio-modification-2-usb-port-hub-ad...