Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
BPM
Paper Tape
BPM

Re: Max SD size?

@hazmat2:
Actually, support could be added via software, without the need of new hardware. My older laptop (A Fujitsu Lifebook) originally only supported SD cards, but support for SDHC was added via driver update. Nintendo's Wii console also originally supported only SD, but SDHC was added via system update. So, a software-based update to support SDXC is possible.
Plus, as Skateddy reported, SDXC is working for him.
Punch Card
thinkpad79

Re: Max SD size?

ah kk, thx a lot - i misread that somehow, thought you havent tried that ON the tablet yet :smileyhappy:

thx again

Thinkpad Tablet
Thinkpad W510
Fanfold Paper
ASOE

Betreff: Max SD size?

Hello Skateeddy,
how long did it take with your tablet until the format was complete? I've done as you described. Now it tells me "SD Karte wird vorbereitet" already for sometime but nothing happens.
Best regards
ASOE
Fanfold Paper
Skateddy

First let your PC let his work, then feed the TPT

[ Edited ]

ASOE, I know this situation from the first trial format the SDXC in the TPT, this is not the right way. Please walk down the steps as I have described in my first posting in this thread: first format the card on the PC to extFAT and then let the TPT automatically format the card to FAT32. The TPT does not recognize an unformatted card > 32 gb . Sorry btw, I can not remember exactly how long it takes to practice, patience in you!. If that fails, then use tools for Windows or Linux, which can format the SDXC 64 GB on PC Card Slot to FAT32.

Punch Card
nitric

Re: First let your PC let his work, then feed the TPT

that's nice to know. will try to get a 64gb and stuff it into the tablet.
Fanfold Paper
ASOE

Re: First let your PC let his work, then feed the TPT

Hello Skateddy,

I have formated the SD as FAT32 under Ubuntu-Linux. After that I've put the card into the TPT, and it was recognized immediately. It is shown with 61 GB and I could also copy files to it. I could not find out, how to move files from the internal 16GB SD to the new one.

Regards

Fanfold Paper
Skateddy

Thanks for the first confirmation!

Gratulations ASOE and thanks for the first confirmation of my experiences with SDXC > 32 GB! Use now an free App from market (eg ES File Explorer) to copy data from the internal to external card.

Regards

WWAN
pghFL

Re: Thanks for the first confirmation!

+1 for ES File Explorer.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
What's DOS?
kaitou

Just wanted to toss in another confirmation to this thread! Following your advice, I picked up this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/712663-REG/Transcend_TS64GSDXC10_64GB_SDXC_Memory_Card.html today. While the exFAT format didn't work (it spent ages on the "Checking SD Card for Errors" message), using a third-party utility to format to FAT32 worked just fine, and I have some 59.1GB accesible.

As info I have the 16GB thinkpad, without the 3G radio, and haven't installed the Lenovo update yet. Although I don't imagine thats likely to make a difference.

Punch Card
thinkpad79

hi there,

another confirmation:

i also got a komputerbay 64GB SDXC running fine now.. :smileyhappy: 

Thinkpad Tablet
Thinkpad W510