Support in other languages: 
HDMI
eKeith

Re: New Update

jamesselix wrote:

Volker1 wrote:

Update is pulled from the server. Probably in response to the battery dying thing :smileyindifferent:

i just got the update myself at 10:36am CST.  model: 183927U 

And? Are you holding off or going for it?
Punch Card
deboss

rhillson wrote:

deboss wrote:

Installed update successfully.  The unlock issue is fixed.  Not sure what else this update addressed.  Does anyone have a link to the list of fixes from Lenovo? 

Were you prompted after restart to do a battery firmware update? And if so, please explain in detail how the installation went

IdI did get the battery message.  However, I don't remember the details.  I simply pushed "ok" and let it update while I worked on something else.  build number: a310-02-0037-0075-us android 3.1
Fanfold Paper
tizmo

No update available for me yet.  Settings - > About -> Check for update, and it says my system is up to date.  Version still on A310_02_0024_0065_US

Machine Type 183822U

Token Ring
manuelcalavera

[ Edited ]

mine is even older A310_02_0024_0052_US - 183822U and still no update

----------------------------------------------------------------
ThinkPad Tablet 2 - 367927U
ThinkPad Tablet - 183822U
802.11n
Volker1

manuelcalavera wrote:

mine is even older A310_02_0024_0052_US - 183822U and still no update

The TPT needs to be able to FTP to akamai's servers to download updates. It seems like your firewall is blocking FTP, so you will never get any updates.

Token Ring
manuelcalavera

@Volker1: what should I do then ? what firewall ? I dont use any ... even my VPN server has no firewall
----------------------------------------------------------------
ThinkPad Tablet 2 - 367927U
ThinkPad Tablet - 183822U
Fanfold Paper
tizmo

No firewall here either.  I'm connected through the wifi hotspot on my phone.  Just tried again, and still no update.

HDMI
eKeith

Lenovo has temporarily pulled the OTA update in order to clarify update instructions: See the "TPT bricked by battery firmware update!" thread...
SCSI Port
jamesselix

eKeith wrote:

jamesselix wrote:

Volker1 wrote:

Update is pulled from the server. Probably in response to the battery dying thing :smileyindifferent:

i installed the update without any issues. however, i do notice that my "checking for system updates" message continuosly going even though i did update. this has killed my battery today since it keeps checking even with my WiFi and WWAN off too.

HDMI
eKeith

jamesselix wrote:

eKeith wrote:

jamesselix wrote:

Volker1 wrote:

i installed the update without any issues. however, i do notice that my "checking for system updates" message continuosly going even though i did update. this has killed my battery today since it keeps checking even with my WiFi and WWAN off too.

That's good to know: I also have an 183927U.

I suspect your "Checking for System Updates" issue may be related to Lenovo temporarily pulling the update. It is possible and likely that the servers were just shutdown or disabled rather than reverting the available download to the previous one. therefore there may be no comparative file info available for the TPT to check so it keeps searching. If this is the case then it should be a temporary issue. Just a guess...