Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lenovo Staff
bsnf

OTA2 ROW, CN & JP delayed

OTA2 update for ROW, CN & JP has been delayed to 03/08.

There is not going to be an OTA2.1 or OTA 2.5 for the above images. All fixes will be rolled into the OTA2 update.

Please note I am not the person making the schedule. I asked for the schedule and this is what I received.

Just wanted to put an update as I know several customers are waiting.

HDMI
mtalinm

Re: OTA2 ROW, CN & JP delayed

Thank you for the update bsnf.
Punch Card
acflorea

bsnf, thank you for letting us know, better a stable delayed update than a insufficiently tested one.

Punch Card
JFLegendre

Thank you for the information !

Punch Card
jeong760

Thank you for the information.

Currently uses laptop model is:

Thinkpad (4177-2PK, i5-2540M. 8GB RAM (one of 4GB RAM is recently added), 500GB HDD, Nvidia NVS 4200M, Windows 7 Professional.

Used to laptop model are:

- Thinkpad X31 (This laptop received by my friends and it is good model)
- Thinkpad T61 (This laptop is still uses a my brother who lives in Australia)
Punch Card
bchau

Yes, doesn't make sense to roll out one update after another in a short period of time. Better consolidate the updates into one. Thanks for the update.

HDMI
barbfxshow

[ Edited ]

bsnf wrote:

There is not going to be an OTA2.1 or OTA 2.5 for the above images. All fixes will be rolled into the OTA2 update.

Does this mean the fixes going into the OTA2.5 scheduled to come out next week will be included in the OTA2 ROW, CN & JP update?
Is there a list anywhere of the OTA2.1 and OTA2.5 fixes? Has the GPS problem been fully diagnosed and fixed in OTA2.5?
Edit: Nevermind the first half of the last question. The OTA2.5 fix list is here: forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/OTA-2-5-fix-list/td-p/681027 However, the question of the GPS remains open. It says there is a workaround for the SIM PIN issue, which is related to the GPS problem, but if it fixes the GPS is unclear.
One guy said he is going to return his TPT if these next updates don't fix the GPS because of "deceptive advertising" (no functional GPS). ( forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/OTA-2-5-fix-list/td-p/681027 pr0f, message 3 ) If another tablet with stylus support, SD card, and the USB/HDMI ports goes on the market before Lenovo finally delivers what I paid for, then I will try to return mine too. We paid for GPS and we don't have it.

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 1838CTO (not rooted, from Lenovo Direct Japan); WiFi-only model (w/ Galaxy Note LTE as tether); 64GB system memory with Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC card; ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0090_JP rom; GPS works (slowly) after 2012/04 return (power button had broke); Camera will not focus. (note: I have not re-tested these since the ICS update 2012/06/21) ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Punch Card
jofamie

[ Edited ]

To Bsnf, Is the OTA2 Official Release is on March 08?

Jofamie
Lenovo Staff
bsnf

jofamie wrote:

To Bsnf, Is the OTA2 Official Release is on March 08?

That is the date for now and hopefully the team can keep it. I have not seen anything yet that could make this date slip.

Please note I don't make the schedule or release the update. I am just trying to give you an update.

Punch Card
jofamie

Hi BSNF, Fair enough.. Thank You for you positive response.. Will wait then tomorrow morning for the OTA2. (Keep my Finger Cross):smileyvery-happy:

Jofamie