Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
xueyao0127

OTA2 battery firmware update failure

I got my OTA2 today and tried to install it. But the wired thing is now I have the newest firmware for tablet which is 0086_US, but the battery update never worked. The update window jumped out everytime I boot the tablet but when I click ok, the progress bar only reads to 1% then the screen went black. And I need to unplug the usb cord then push the power button to restart the device, if I leave the usb on, I can never get it to boot

I keep the device pluged and leave it blank for a long while to make sure the update is not running in background. But when I turn it on after a whole evening, the battery was not get charged even a little.

So here is my guess: The battery firmware update will disable the battery during the progress. And either the USB charging system is so flawly designed that it can not maintain the device running or the update package itself has some issues.

I really hope this problem can be addressed as soon as possible, and any suggestion will be appreciated!

thank you   

802.11n
splotz

Re: OTA2 battery firmware update failure

[ Edited ]

When trying battery update make sure to be connected to the stock charger with stock usb cable.

The TPT only charges good with the stock charger when in real standby or off.

Some prgs can let it stay awake with screen off, so try if it charges around 25% per hour when off (shutdown).

Maybe this can help you:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Battery-Idle-of-50-and-charging-tooo-slowly-after...

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Fanfold Paper
xueyao0127

Still thank you for replying but you answer doesn't address my main issue.

I was using a OEM cable to extend the original one, but then I noticed this and got rid of it. But the update is still unsuccessful. Now my system is up to date but my battery update stopped jumping out. could anyone give me a update file which I can try the update all over again? I really don't want to miss the battery part.

thank you

802.11n
is1981

xueyao0127 wrote:

I was using a OEM cable to extend the original one, but then I noticed this and got rid of it. But the update is still unsuccessful. Now my system is up to date but my battery update stopped jumping out. could anyone give me a update file which I can try the update all over again? I really don't want to miss the battery part.

OTAs are available at http://download.lenovo.com/slates/think/tablet1.  In the worst case you can try a manual update using an SD card. In all cases use original equipment (power-supply unit, USB cable, ...).

Fanfold Paper
xueyao0127

thank you ! Finally get the update fixed.

Punch Card
balancing

How do you know if the battery firmware took or not after the 86US update?

Punch Card
ptdrake

I have the same question as balancing - how can I tell what version of the battery firmware is installed?

Thanks!
802.11n
is1981

[ Edited ]
Indeed, it is a good question. My tablet is running 0089 WE right now, but do not remember anything related with the battery firmware while upgrading either (did a manual upgrade from 0065 WE up to 0089 WE). How can we check iff the battery firmware has been upgraded? Is this upgrade related with the slate's embedded controller? Is the battery firmware upgraded while applying the OTA upgrade or after first reboot?

Edit: embedded controller is now at revision V0021T00.
Paper Tape
justininchina

hi, i got the absolutely same problem with you.HOW could i fix the problem? THANK YOU