Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
shawnyp

Re: OTA2 fix list

[ Edited ]
It is now January 22 in Toronto Ontario Canada and i still have no ota2 update. when will this update be released in my area as I am looking forward to any improvements. This being my 2nd thinkpad tablet first one I got had a faulty battery I think its about time lenovo/think pad devision step it up a notch. This is not to the think pad standard that I am used too. Any input would be nice please
SCSI Port
Neokazaki

Will there be a fix for the issue that you have to enter the PIN-Code for the SIM card every 5 minutes?

Punch Card
Krister461

The PIN-code issue is by far the most pressing for my case. It has been reported and well documented on the forum and members have been willing to send in their tablets to help Lenovo in testing and fixing the issue!

Paper Tape
russ_g

[ Edited ]
+1 to thae Canada update. Any way we can do it manually
SCSI Port
d_lane

I'm guessing that until they've got the patch to stop the recent sucess in rooting this thing, that OTA2 will be delayed a lot longer than expected.

Punch Card
optimus43

I doubt that the rooting has delayed this.  They said it would be delayed before the tablet was confirmed as rooted. 

SCSI Port
d_lane

optimus43 wrote:

I doubt that the rooting has delayed this.  They said it would be delayed before the tablet was confirmed as rooted. 

You're probably right, but now that it has been rooted, and considering Lenovo's ardent stance against it, I'm not sure that I'd put it past them.

I'm probably just a little jaded,

WWAN
pghFL

Exactly. And, bsnf did explain that a problem had come up in testing, well in advance of any root notification.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
SCSI Port
d_lane

pghFL wrote:
Exactly. And, bsnf did explain that a problem had come up in testing, well in advance of any root notification.

I'm not sure that ONE day qualifies as "well in advance..."   But as I menitioned, what you gentlemen have said is all probably true.  We'll see if the exploit still works after OTA2...

Does seem a little "coincidental" though.  I'm quite certain that some tie-in with Area 51 will show up somehow... 

Lenovo Staff
bsnf

OTA2 has been delayed due to the issue found in testing last week. The issue was seen only on 4 tablets but was critical enough to stop OTA2 release till root cause is identified and fixed.

Development is actively working on the issue.