Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
HDMI
mtalinm

Re: OTA2 fix list

you object to companies trying to make money? not everyone has a business model where they give stuff away and hope to get bought by Google.

lets build a good piece of hardware with a nice pen and try to earn money with it...

SCSI Port
twospirits

who said anything about not making money? And giving stuff away for free? Seems to me that they are doing quite well.

Lenovo Staff
bsnf

OTA2 US image build 86 was released today. The US image only goes through a certification process (I am very sorry but I do not know what this process is and how long it will take ). The US image will be available on the server once this certification process is completed.

Note: The certification process has nothing to do with google.

The UK & WE image should be released either tomorrow or Monday. It is possible the UK & WE images may show up on the servers before the US image as they do not go through the certification process.

ROW, CN & JP --> I have not seen any change of schedule for these images yet. The are still scheduled to release on 02/29.

I have tried to provide a list of issues that were fixed in OTA2, however I want you guys to know that the list I provided does not reflect the complete list of issues addressed in OTA2. The fix list is bigger and I have not been able to make the time to work with the engineers to translate them into a language that everyone can understand. Anyone who has not rooted your tablet yet should definitely get this update.

WWAN
pghFL

Thank you for the updated info.

===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
HDMI
barbfxshow

[ Edited ]

I saw just a week or so an article on certification. it is when the cell phone companies look at your source code and approve it for use on thier network. This was said to be the slowest link in the chain for upgrades. Here is a similar artilce. I can't find the original: www.mobileburn.com/18499/news/custom-ui-not-the-cause-of-android-os-update-delays-its-the-hardware-s... 

I had lamented earlier that Lenovo may have signed a contract with one of the US cell phone carriers and may have been required to submit any ROMs for cell network certification even those with no WWAN. It might be a simple hack to alter one ROM to use on the cell network. So, the carriers forbid it, and the manufacturers kneel.

Now bsnf seems to have admitted this is what has happened.

Lenovo, why can't you just make another model, same hardware, call it a different name, and not worry about certification with it? "ThinkPad Tablet WWAN" and "ThinkPad Tablet WiFi". Say they're different and be done with this game.

If the cell carriers keep trying to have us maintain different accounts for every SIM we use, then we're going to all be using tethered phones soon anyway. One phone, many devices: Nintendo DS, PSP, main tablet, netbook, other $100 7-inch tablets, even friends' devices, etc. Device is transparent if you want it to be.

This is what is going to happen as the tablets fall in price and become commodities. So why not get ahead of the curve and serve those of us who have woken up to this reality now? We will buy devices that are easy to root and easy to update.

Being too greedy and trying to get certification on all devices is backfiring. The first one to service this market will be well rewarded and well placed with a good brand.

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 1838CTO (not rooted, from Lenovo Direct Japan); WiFi-only model (w/ Galaxy Note LTE as tether); 64GB system memory with Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC card; ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0090_JP rom; GPS works (slowly) after 2012/04 return (power button had broke); Camera will not focus. (note: I have not re-tested these since the ICS update 2012/06/21) ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Paper Tape
elmerh

Hi bsnf

thanks for the update, I've just checked my version and was asked if I want to install a new build - A310_02_0039_0086_WE. After a "yes" TPT powerd down itself - after a few minutes I've I made a power on - installation was still running, but now everything seems ok.

Fanfold Paper
ktollison

Thanks for the update.  

That is real bad news for us in the US.  I have the original Thunderbolt from Verizon and it took them over 6 months from the frist leaked Ginerbread build to release an official.  This was supposed to be released within weeks of the phone launch. Keep in mind this was the Verizon flagship 4G device they pulled this on.

I am not normally a negative person, but here is my prediction now that we know the carriers have Lenovo by the short and curlies.  

The US will get 086 about the time Lenovo releases ICS.  The US will get ICS about 3 months later.

I am being optimistic here BTW.

Overall I am happy with my tablet.  I have learned to work around the quirks, but still want them fixed.

SCSI Port
justguy

[ Edited ]

UK update worked this morning. No issues.

Even better : 1 minute and 9 sat birds in view.  2 mins in, 11.

Prior to update, 0 locked on in 10 mins.

SCSI Port
egilwh

WE update served this afternoon.

I accepted the update, and after some minutes it was hanging on the green Android screen. I did a cold restart, and it reported the update was successful.

Haven't tested any further yet.

TPT 64GB 3G - 18382DG - 00132_WE
Laptop X200
Laptop X41
SCSI Port
egilwh

egilwh wrote:

Haven't tested any further yet.

At least I've found that the GPS still won't work as long as I have the SIM pin code enabled. Without the pin, no problem.

TPT 64GB 3G - 18382DG - 00132_WE
Laptop X200
Laptop X41