Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
HDMI
barbfxshow

Hello? Lenovovo reps? Are any of you still here?

We users are building up more and more questions about several promised updates, and no one has made any official comments in about two weeks. Are you all intentionally not commenting?

Lenovo App Store update? What happened?

OTA2? What happened?

Notes Mobile update? What happened?

TPT source code release? Are you waiting for a court challenge on this?

No news on the non-functional GPS? Is this even addressed in OTA2? No mention of it. Five months and the TPT's GPS is still fubar.

We are your customers for this tablet, but you're telling us you don't care if we remain your customers for our next tablets. Does Lenovo not care?

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 1838CTO (not rooted, from Lenovo Direct Japan); WiFi-only model (w/ Galaxy Note LTE as tether); 64GB system memory with Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC card; ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0090_JP rom; GPS works (slowly) after 2012/04 return (power button had broke); Camera will not focus. (note: I have not re-tested these since the ICS update 2012/06/21) ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

HDMI
mtalinm

Re: Hello? Lenovovo reps? Are any of you still here?

i think you can't expect daily updates. clearly something happened on the way to OTA2, perhaps related to the root exploit, and they are taking their time to address it. given how buggy the initial software is, I'm willing to wait.

btw I got an update to the App Store.
jiv
802.11n
jiv

App store update and NoteMobile update are already available. As for OTA2, the fix list seems like a bad joke so I don't see why you're so worked up over it.

HDMI
barbfxshow

If those updates were available to me, then I wouldn't have mentioned them.

Re: OTA2, I have no faith that Lenovo has put all the small fixes into the changelog/descritption. Do you know otherwise, jiv? Maybe the browser and various other apps will finally stop force closing. That alone would make my TPT a lot more functional.

If Lenovo support cannot comment on the root exploit, fine. Don't. But do tell us something about the second missed release date on OTA2. Are they still working on the Lenovo Market critical bug?

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 1838CTO (not rooted, from Lenovo Direct Japan); WiFi-only model (w/ Galaxy Note LTE as tether); 64GB system memory with Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC card; ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0090_JP rom; GPS works (slowly) after 2012/04 return (power button had broke); Camera will not focus. (note: I have not re-tested these since the ICS update 2012/06/21) ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Punch Card
balancing

I'm continuosly getting FORCE CLOSES on MANY apps! It's VERY annoying!!!

Fanfold Paper
Zx-m

It`s "golden week" in China. All staff relax.
Punch Card
paulwhtd

>>Hello? Lenovovo reps? Are any of you still here?

These boards are marked peer to peer, I wouldn't expect much communication from Lenovo here.

Personally, I think there will be a much bigger changelog for OTA2 than has been posted, and we just have to play the waiting game. They should have never given an ETA in the first place and looking at the huge black eye Blackberry got because of their missed updates, I'll bet most tech companies will pull back on announcing update schedules.

Was the OTA2 date ever official?, I can't believe a Chinese company would schedule anything for release during new year holidays.

Serial Port
bishopkc

Re: OTA2 fix list

The Leveno TPT software development team needs to adopt an Agile/Scrum development cycle.  This would allow them to have shorter development cycles (sprints) and more frequent production releases (OTA1.1, OTA1.2, etc)

I really like my TPT and I have yet to complain about the Lenovo staff or my TPT but you guys really and I mean really need to reduce your time to market for releases.

I wish you guys success and as a TPT owner and software development manager, I hope my words are not taken incorrectly but instead taken as a challenge.

http://agilemanifesto.org/principles.html

Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software. Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.

Punch Card
Fiorenzo

Had a presentation to do yesterday.

For some reason the Thinkpad Tablet decided to stay in sleep mode. Had to spent humiliating minutes in front of my colleagues doing a reboot.

Later, during the presentation, I wanted to check a document I had opened on the Thinkpad. For some reason the Tablet decided it was time to force-close the application.

The sad part: I'm sure everyone in this forum knows these (or similar/even worse) situations than described before.

And then I take a look at the changelog and don't see the really important issues mentioned - and even the unimportant issues can't be fixed in time.

Well, Samsung has hinted that they will include a stylus on future products. As soon as it is available I will switch. Not because I like Samsung, but because I can't believe it is possible to make a product that is worse than the Thinkpad Tablet, be it concerning Software or Support.

Spent 500€ on a barely useable piece of hardware whose main problems will probably never be fixed. 

HDMI
mtalinm

I have not had crashes since rooting the device, though I had many before. it may be the Lenovo add-ons that are causing the problem.

rooting sounds a bit scary but takes just a half hour, most of that downloading software.