Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
gurk

Re: OTA3 = no pen pressure

Don't have this problem with LectureNote.
Thinkpad Tablet
Thinkpad T431s
ThinkPad Yoga S240 with OneLink Dock
Punch Card
ron2k_1

Balzac_555 wrote:
To the Lenovo debugging team troubleshooting a potential issue with Sketchbook: make sure to enable the pressure sensitive option under "Help" then "Prefs"

Cheers

If you read previous posts you'd noticed that users reporting loss of pressure in SBP have enabled this feature...

Ron

Punch Card
Sepemulle

Balzac_555: read previus posts where i have described just what i have tested (enable/disable penpressure feature in SBP is one of them)

gurk: Dont LectureNote use the same engine as Quill? I wrote in the beginning that quill still works but SBP does not. So this thread is mostly about the SBP problem. But good that you reported that it works... may help the troubbleshooting?
802.11n
Lens_flare

>> Dont LectureNote use the same engine as Quill?

_____________LectureNOtes______Quill
inks format:___raster_____________vector
notebooks:___names based_______tags based

at last 2 significant differences coudn't point to same engine.
Punch Card
Sepemulle

interesting Lens_flare, but right you are...
Punch Card
gurk

I don't know how the architecture for the digitizer is designed and whether an app, that is accessing the digitizer services also has to address/evaluate the pressure (when interested in). I just wanted to inform that there are other app not having the pressure issue.!
Thinkpad Tablet
Thinkpad T431s
Punch Card
gurk

You are right, there are fundamental differences in the way the two apps are built. But I assume, the digitizer subsystem they must be using, is all the same?
Thinkpad Tablet
Thinkpad T431s
Punch Card
Sepemulle

No matter, it is still interesting that this occurs in some apps and not in all... Lenovo has notifyed SBP and they were supposedly working on it...
Punch Card
AlloyRabbit

My guess is that it's an issue with Lenovo using its own code on top of Honeycomb to get the stylus (specifically pressure) functionality to work, versus Google including that functionality as part of ICS itself.

Depending on which one Sketchbook is trying to access, and which one the Thinkpad uses once ICS is installed, it may simply be that one isn't talking to the other properly.

Can someone from Lenovo comment on whether the Thinkpad continues to use the proprietary stylus/digitizer functionality when ICS is installed, or does it switch to using the functionality built into ICS?

Another piece of the puzzle is whether or not the N-Trig hardware works properly with the built-into-ICS functionality or if it needs the solution Lenovo provided for Honeycomb.

I guess there are four things that need to be on the same page for it to work: Lenovo's custom stylus/digitizer functionality (or lack thereof), ICS's built-in stylus/digitizer functionality, the N-Trig hardware, and SketchbookPro.

We need to know who's using what, and what's accessing what, etc. =P

Punch Card
ron2k_1

[ Edited ]

I have a US build and after OTA3, I have pressure on Quill, Papyrus, and PARTLY on  SBP

On SBP, I have pressure on the pencils, markers and air brushes, but none on the regular brushes either in soft or hard mode.  The soft eraser in low opacity has not pressure sensitivity either.  Can anyone confirm whether these are supposed to have pressure and just not working properly on mines.

Thanks,

Ron