Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
iveman89

Re: OTA3 = no pen pressure

I bought this tablet for this exact reason. It has pressure sensitivity. Guess I am not going to update...

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 412
Kudos: 1,335
Solutions: 288

All,

Thanks - appreciate that you have brought this up - we can certainly look into it.  Not ignoring you...Please keep in mind that most of this discussion occured over last weekend, and we all need a break from the forums now and then. :smileyhappy:

Sepemulle,  Mathiasp,

It seems like you have different experiences with the same App?  On page 1, Sepemulle said pen pressure wasn't working under version 2.1 of SBP while Mathiasp said it was.   

Can you both post a bit more to help us see what might be the difference in your config ?   

System image ver (I know OTA3, but looking to see if there might be variances in the regional image builds)

What options are there in SBP to configure how the pen functions?  (I noted some comments about photoshop that suggested that pen pressure worked correctly when pressure controlled size, but didn't work correctly when configured to control opacity).   

Thanks

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
Sepemulle

Hmm.. then i must have writen weirdly... it WAS working in Android 2.1 but the version of the APP is 2.1 now and penpressure isnt working in android 4.03. So we DO have the sam experience..
802.11n
Lens_flare

Hope it would be fixed until ROW update comes.
Interesting policy: someone are testing, someone are using tested software :smileyvery-happy: never seen that before I met Lenovo..
Retired Employee
NINE

Hi all,

Thank you for all the feed back for the OTA3. I'd like to bring this up with the respective teams to check if further updates can be brought forward. Would it be possible to send a PM of your system details. Details i need are :

Android version :

Kernel Version :

Build number :

Machine type model :

system-unit serial number :

UUID :

Ec version :

hope to hear from you.

Regards

Punch Card
AlloyRabbit

Is there any way Lenovo could contact Autodesk and try to nudge them in the direction of updating Sketchbook (since it's one of the major apps experiencing the "no pressure" bug)? I have a feeling they'd be a little more likely to listen to a big company like Lenovo than they are to any of us non-Apple customers of theirs. =P

802.11n
Lens_flare

[ Edited ]

Android version :

Kernel Version :

aren't that info common for all OTA3 users?

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 412
Kudos: 1,335
Solutions: 288

Lens_flare,

At the moment yes... but as this rolls out to other regions it would make more sense.  Nine used a general template - when we formalize an escalation to our engineering team we have to attribute an issue to a specific user and system in the field (with the understanding that particular user can be a proxy for many who are experiencing the same symptom).

Generally, we would escalate an issue like this, it would be validated by a senior technical team and then engineering who would work with internal or external development organizations on a update.    There is a process - it may seem a bit bureacratic, but the end result would either be that we figure out that we broke some compatibility, or that something needs to be communicated upstream to google, or passed over to another party (a sofware provider perhaps in this case).

Hopefully, one or more of you can send a PM to nine with the needed info so we can formalize the inquiry on what you have reported.

Thanks

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
AlloyRabbit

[ Edited ]

It's nice to see Lenovo being responsive, here on the forums. Far too many companies neglect to do so.

And thanks for the detailed reply, too. Those same companies, when they do respond, usually do so with something so vague/lawyered up that it's not helpful. =P

Anyway, more to the point: I assume the Lenovo staff/engineers/etc have access to Thinkpad slates running ICS. Have any of them experienced the "no pressure" bug with Sketchbook and the crashing bug with Photoshop (and any other bugs reported around here)? I appreciate you going after detailed feedback from the outside, but I was wondering if there were any reports of it happening on your own peoples' machines, too. It seems like it could speed up the process of resolving these bugs if you had hardware in-hand to play with.

Punch Card
Balzac_555

To the Lenovo debugging team troubleshooting a potential issue with Sketchbook: make sure to enable the pressure sensitive option under "Help" then "Prefs"

Cheers